My dad has so awesomely cut my grass once a week since I've owned the house. It's not that I don't know how to cut grass- I've done it before when I rented a house in college and after college. But my dad just wants to come do it, and I'm not stupid enough to say no.
My backyard has these crazy bushes, though, and they needed trimming badly. They were taking over the grass and one was actually busting out one the fence post thingies. My dad came over to cut the grass, edge it, and trim/cut down those bushes.
I helped him with the blower. Let me tell you what, I hate the blower. It's horrible for people with OCD perfectionism. I want EVERY SINGLE LITTLE grass piece to be gone or spread out evenly and that is really hard with a blower.
First you get all the grass pieces off of the driveway, but then BOOM they're all on the sidewalk. And then you blow those off, but wait!! Now they're on your porch.
GAHHH. If I had to do that all the time, it would be the bane of my existence. I hated it. Even still, I have to say my front yard looks pretty good right now.
Annnndddd my backyard still looks like it needs to be on Yard Crashers. Those bushes and branches up on that hill? My dad is coming back and we're loading them up to get rid of them. But my back yard needs some help, fo sho.
Any suggestions? I need some bush of some sort right above the retaining wall and next to the fence. Ace likes to look out at the neighbors and I know it's only a matter of time before he jumps. I'm not worried about him jumping from anywhere else because it's so tall, although he does just jump up and down off the retaining wall with no problem.
![]() |
| Please excuse my dog. He likes to be in yo face anytime a camera is out. Seriously. |
I also want to put stairs in the retaining wall at some point, but that scares me just thinking about the work that would involve.
Who knows, though. I have so many ideas, but so little motivation. Which is why I definitely need to be on Yard Crashers. If you have contacts with Ahmed from Yard Crashers, pass these pictures on.
Since I did SO much work last night, I had to reward myself. Cookie dough ice cream topped with Nutella. It was as delicious as it sounds.



1 comment:
Beautiful House Elise!! Can't wait to come see it! ;) House Warming Party!!
Post a Comment