Sunday, May 17, 2015

MBC Catch-Up: Day 13, 14, 15

A quick and short catch up day of three topics that aren't my fave out of the whole 30 day challenge...

Day 13: What's Inside Your Fridge

So this is a little embarrassing.  My fridge is bare.  I haven't done a decent shopping trip in awhile.  I've just been getting necessities for that week.  Partly because I don't want to do a big huge shopping trip and partly because I'm planning my meals week by week.


So you will see: a bunch of condiments on the top shelf, the mix for my protein breakfast balls, some sour cream,  some ground turkey, a box of guacamole individual packs, some peppers, and then some random stuff that belongs to my roommate.  

What you cannot see are the peppers, spinach, and lettuce in the bottom two drawers.


Day 14: Three Healthy Habits

Oh this is real amusing coming from the girl who could eat Butterfingers and QT roller food for the rest of her life.  However, I do think I have picked up some healthy habits over the past couple of months.

1. Drink lots of water.  I do cheat with this.  Kind of often lately, but generally I don't drink anything other than water.  I definitely don't buy cokes or sweet tea or anything like that to keep in the house.

2. Eat veggies at every meal.  I got this habit from Whole 30, but now I have vegetables at every meal, including breakfast.  I have spinach and peppers with my breakfast every single day and it's DELICIOUS.

My breakfast casserole- it's DELICIOUS and totally healthy


3. Don't weigh yourself every day.  I stopped weighing myself every day a long time ago.  Mainly because I dropped my scale and it cracked, but also because I got tired of getting discouraged by six am every day.  Now, I might weigh myself once a week, but usually every few weeks.

Day 15: Where Will You Be In Five Years

Alright, look.  I have a really hard time answering this.  I started this blog almost five years ago, and I can tell you this much- where I am now is NOT where I thought I would be five years ago.

This has actually been a struggle for me over the past few years and I feel like a broken record.  My life has not worked out the way I thought it would be, in both good ways and bad ways.  I mean, don't get me wrong, there are some parts of my life where I'm doing things and believing things and living in a way that is so much better than I expected, but then there's a few areas that I feel like I can't catch a break with.

So I'm not going to make specific predictions, but I hope in five years I'm happy, I'm proud of my decisions, I'm surrounded by awesome friends and family, and I'm still walking with the Lord.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS