Thursday, May 14, 2015

MBC Day 11 and Day 12: Ten Favorite Foods and Favorite Childhood Book

So I got kind of distracted and forgot about this little blog.  Plus, FIVE MORE DAYS OF SCHOOL.  I am so glad I'm not one of the lucky schools who got another day tacked on to the calendar due to NO snow back in February.  Because Thursday is my last day!!  Well, then two more planning days, but those are different.

Anyway, I'm short on time and running late, so I'll be the first to admit this post is going to kind of suck.  My apologies in advance...

Day 11: Ten Favorite Foods

1. Peanut butter- I'll take anything with peanut butter, but preferably chocolate.
2. Macaroni and cheese- my mom's homemade, but again, I'll take any mac and cheese
3. Cheese dip
4. Country fried steak- again, my mom's homemade
5. Butterfinger candy bars
6. Chicken pasta salad- but only a specific recipe that includes olives and mayo
7. Dr. Pepper- technically this isn't a food, but it's still one of my favorites
8. Hot chicken wings
9. Cream cheese and pepper jelly
10. Stuffed crust pizza

And I can't have any of those while I'm back on a Paleo diet.  But I can dream and drool!

Day 12: Favorite Childhood Book

This is easy.  A Ring of Endless Light by Madeleine L'Engle.  I was a huge reader as a kid.  I read countless books and still try to read a lot.  But A Ring of Endless Light always stuck out to me.  It had a girl who had a relationship with dolphins, some marine biology, and drama- all things I loved.



ALSO, WHOA.  I just found out this book is part of a series.  I totally did not know that.  I knew there was a follow up, but I had no idea there were three books leading up to the series.  Guess I've got some summer reading!!

Also, not as whoa because I already knew this, but Disney made this book into a tv movie (DCOM- Disney Channel Original Movie, as my friends like to reference them as).  I was obsessed with some DCOM's in middle/high school.  They are where my love of surfing movies came from (Rip Girls, Johnny Tsunami...such good movies!).  And who doesn't forget the all time classics Brink! and the Zenon movies?

But anyway, I have not seen the Ring of Endless Light movie, but I don't want to because I'm sure it does not do the book justice (sorry, DCOM).

I'll {hopefully} be back tomorrow to get caught up.  It's almost Friday!

1 comment:

Erika said...

Ahhhh we are twins- I LOOOVE that book!!! I was all about any Madeleine L'Engle...and a reread of that sounds great about now! I can't remember if I knew about or read the others in the trilogy, so obviously I need to now!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS