I have never linked up with Kelly for Show Us Your Life, but I love today's topic-
Alma Maters!
I graduated in 2007 from Berry College in small town Rome, Georgia.
I had never heard of Berry until my senior year of high school. I had just decided to major in early childhood education and mentioned it to a friend in class. She suggested Berry and I was like, say what?
Never heard of it, but my dad had. He actually had to go to Rome on a few business trips, so I went up with him and my mom one time and visited the campus.
Decided it was my number one choice. Applied, got in, and moved in August 2003.

Joined the best flag football team.

Had the best spring breaks and fall breaks (right, Jessica?!).

Met some of my BFF's.

Saw eight million deer.
Rome is not exactly a college town, so we pretty much had to make our own fun.

![]() |
| Yes, we are using a plunger for the sink. Cheap dorm room plumbing + meat grease = disgusting mess. |
Berry College is small and you really either love it or hate it. Luckily, I loved it. Not luckily, it was private so I've got loans I'll be paying back for awhile. However, my loans were totally worth it!!

Sometimes I wish I had gone to a big university with football teams and tailgates and a Greek life, but that's usually fleeting. I think Berry was the perfect school for me and I met my best friends there. I know I'll have these people in my life forever.

Plus, I have the best sweatpants from Berry!
(And for anyone who cares- most of these are from my junior/senior year because my computer crashed on me in college. Three times. I lost all of my pictures two of those times, so this is what I have. Have I mentioned I hate technology?)


No comments:
Post a Comment