Sunday, February 13, 2011

Weekend Recap

This weekend went by fast, as usual, but I've enjoyed it so! 

Friday: The transitional small groups at my church had a kick-off thing at the church.  The transitional groups are for people who are in their 20's and 30's, not married, but out of college.  Technically a singles group.  But I'm in a women's small group and I have been so very blessed with these ladies in my life.  

Anyway, the kick-off had the college campus pastor speaking about how to keep dating God-focused and pure.  I was a little skeptical, I won't lie.  My thoughts were, really?  A talk on dating for all the single, not married people Valentine's Day weekend?  How lame and stereotypical.  I was tempted to skip out, even after I'd already gotten there.

I stayed, and I'm glad.  It actually was a pretty good talk and there were some things discussed that really stuck out to me.

Like, God will often withhold things from us to grow us.  I've had a hard time coming to terms that my life hasn't turned out like I wanted it to.  I find myself, to be completely honest, jealous of others who aren't living at home, who aren't in a ton of debt because of student loans and a car, who are married, who already have kids.  I always have this question in my mind- why am I not in that place in my life?  Why don't I have that?  

I hear all the time that God has a plan for us and it's on His timing, not ours.  Too bad we're not as patient as He is.  

I've grown so much in my faith over the past six-seven months I've lived at home.  I've gotten closer to God and He's put things on my heart and has asked me to do things that have challenged me and strengthened me.  Would this have happened had I not been living 
at home, single with no kids, paying off debt?  I seriously doubt it.

Even still, though, I tend to get so focused on what I want out of life, I don't pay attention to what God wants for my life.

I'm growing here, and I'm trying.  And I have a new question for myself- why am I making everything about myself?  Why am I not focusing more on God and making my life more about Him? 

So back to my recap...after the kick off, I went to a late dinner with a lot of the small group people (no worries I did not eat out!) and then left around 11 to meet up with two other friends.  I met them at Paula's house and we had plans to watch a movie, but really just talked and then crashed.

Saturday: Um...graded papers.  And watched NCIS.  Perfect day.  Thank you.

Sunday: I went to church this morning, which is always fantastic, the song played during the offering was the story of my life and I'm pretty sure it's an original to 12Stone. Otherwise I'd be downloading it and listening to it non-stop.  I'm been super productive today- filed my taxes (thanks to grad school, I'm getting a sweet return.  Also, thanks to grad school, I'll be paying off student loans until I'm gray and wrinkly.  So that nice tax return isn't really worth it.), entered grades, walked my dogs, hit the gym, and ran some errands.  

All I've got to do is study for a test on Tuesday!

We are having some AMAZING, beautiful weather today and for most of this week.  I am so taking advantage of it.

I didn't mean for this post to be rambling- sorry and thanks to anyone who stuck around to read it!

Hope y'all had a great weekend!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS