Sunday, February 20, 2011

Update

This post is mainly to update what's been going on with my 101 list, my not eating out for a month, and my New Year's resolutions.  And it's kinda long, so no hard feelings if you skip this post.

We'll start with my New Year's resolutions.  I wrote about them HERE, but here they are now:

1. Don't take myself so seriously.  I don't most of the time, anyway, but I want to keep this up.

Check, I'm doing good on this one.  I'm learning to let go of regrets, to focus on the future, and to have fun in what I'm doing now.

2. Work on my 101 in 1001 list.   

See below.


3. Live in the moment.  As in, quit worrying about what's going to happen tomorrow or next week or next year. 


This one's been a bit hard.  I stress and worry about things that are totally out of my control.  Mistakes I've made in the past- I clearly can't fix them or change them, but I can learn from them and move on.  Easier said than done, though.  I wish it was much easier to give worries up to God.  I try, but they still creep back in.  Again, I'm trying and working on this one though.  

4. Watch as much NCIS as possible.  

Um, yes.  Yes, yes, yes.  I have so much NCIS recorded on my DVR.  At the most I've had 52 hours.  I'm currently at 42 and watching them now.  

5.  Work hard, live hard, play hard, love hard. 
Check, check, check, and check.

------------------------------------------------------------------

101 List:
23. Read 10 new books a year- I've got two down (well, almost two)- The Girls by Lori Lansens and When Crickets Cry by Charles Martin.


43. Run a 5K- Okay, I haven't technically done this one yet.  But I signed up!  It's a 5K for this...

Which also satisfies this goal-

91. Participate in Race for the Cure again- I created a team this year.  Yay!

--------------------------------------------

So, a while ago I decided to give up eating out and alcohol for a month.  Wanna read my reasons?
I didn't realize I chose my month to start the same time as this 90 day tithe challenge at my church.  Basically, my church has challenged its members to trust God over the next 90 days with our first fruits.  There's a lot more to it, but the gist is that we need to trust God and give him back some of what HE has provided for us.  

Part of my reasoning of giving up eating was financial.  I'm not being financially wise when I'm trying to pay off loans, but spending WAY TOO much money eating out.  I also can't justify eating out when I'm trying to save money for other things, as well.

I've done so well with not eating out.  It hasn't even been a temptation (and I drive by Chick-fil-A twice a day, plus I've been to restaurants with friends).  Because of that, because of this morning's service, because I can't believe how much money I've saved in the past three weeks, because of the 90 day tithe challenge...I've decided to extend my no eating out for two more months, totaling 90 days.  

So, wish me luck!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS