I made a decision this past weekend.
I'm giving up fast food, eating out, and beer/liquor for the month of February (yes, I realize February is the shortest month of the year).
Why?
Honestly it's for a few reasons. I've been trying to pay off my credit card and pay down on my students loans and my car loan. It's not going to happen if I'm spending $$$$ each month on chicken biscuits, wings, and quesadillas. Plus, at church yesterday, our sermon was basically about making smart decisions with your money EARLY instead of being under major pressure when you have no money.
I've been there before. It sucks. I HATED living paycheck to paycheck, but I would still make some DUMB financial decisions that would always leave me living paycheck to paycheck.
Hearing that sermon, plus the children's service message from Saturday night campus where I volunteer (about temptation- um, hello, I am the worst when it comes to temptation and food), made me make a solid decision about no eating out.
In addition, I've been sick for about the past three months. It's getting really old. It's nothing serious, but it's this awful cold/sinus/cough/lung stuff that will go away and then come back a week later. I'm not dumb enough to think that not eating out will magically make me better, but I am tired of feeling like crap. If I can at least take away all that junk that I was eating 3-4 a week AND cut out alcohol (which it's not like I drink that ofte][\p anymore), I know I'll start having more energy and feeling somewhat better.
So those are my reasons. And I'm telling the blog world (even if no one reads this post) because I NEED accountability. I've emailed two of my BFF's about this and I'm telling my mom- who will nag me forever. And I need that.
I'll definitely be letting y'all know how it goes!
With all that being said, I'm going to do a photo goodbye to some of my favorite food from restaurants. When I am at home eating oranges and sandwiches, this is what I'll be thinking about.
![]() |
| My mouth just started watering. |
![]() |
| I had some awesome wings Friday night. |
![]() |
| I'll take mine without the lettuce. |
![]() |
| The only thing that would make this better would be some cheese dip. And flour tortillas. And a margarita on the rocks. |
![]() |
| There had better be some mayo and ketchup slathered together on this sucker. |
So now that you have realized how much I love eating out and how much of a pig I am, you can stop reading. Or go eat out and think of me.
What are some of your favorite things to eat when you're eating out?






1 comment:
I have to say two things: 1) WAY to GO, you!
2) I looove the title of this entry. haha You are so good! I wish you were one of my students...
Post a Comment