I have really enjoyed this blog challenge- I've met a lot of great new bloggers. Today's challenge is What I Am Looking Forward to in 2011.
There's a lot I'm looking forward to this year...
1. My small group- I've gotten to know a fantastic group of ladies through my small group in the fall. Most of us decided to stay together and meet again this spring.

This is from our Christmas get together- I had to steal this picture from one of the girl's Facebook because I didn't bring my camera.
2. Finishing my master's degree- I will be done in June. I should have been done in April/May, but I had two classes I had taken at UGA that I transferred in and I wasn't notified until a little too late that they would only count as electives. Whatever, though, I started my master's in 2009 at UGA, and am finally finishing it up this year. I've taken the majority of my classes this school year, and it's been tough. But I'll be done this summer and you can bet I'll be celebrating!!
3. NKOTB/BSB- Seriously, y'all are going to get sick of me talking about this concert. I. AM. SO. EXCITED. June 2011. Chicago. Me and one of my best friends. Amazing.
4. Britney Spears' new CD- So you can hate me now for admitting this. I love Britney. She had some rough times and was a bit crazy, I get it. Well, I don't, but I love Britney, so whatever. Her Circus album was AMAZING and her new single- Hold It Against Me- is such a fun, fun single (You can buy it on iTunes right now). Her album is supposed to be out March 15 and you better believe I'll be a proud owner. Haven't heard it yet? Check it out below- I hope the video works. I think it sounds better in iTunes, but it's still awesome.
5. 5K's- I am committing to run at least three 5K's this year- the first one being in May for Race for the Cure. I am pretty excited about them and I've been running/walking at the gym this past week. I've forgotten how GOOD I feel after running (although what I've been doing in the gym can't really be called running, yet...give me a few more weeks). When I run this 5K in May, it will be over ten years since I've run one. I've walked in a couple since high school, but I haven't run 5K's since high school. Eek! My goal is a half-marathon in 2012 (or maybe late 2011)!
6. Visiting Lynzee in Minnesota- I mentioned this on another of the 11 in 2011 challenges. My friend Lynzee moved away from Georgia and lives up in Minnesota. Paula and I have been talking about going to visit her and I think this year we finally are going to get to!
7. Paying off my credit card- One of the main reasons I moved home was to try to get debt-free. Well, I started grad school, took out even more student loans, and bought a new car. So that's not really going to happen in a year. However, my credit card is almost paid off! So I will at least have that sucker gone and I can focus on paying down my car loan. I'm trying to be really frugal this year, and pay off my loans with gazelle-like intensity (any Dave Ramsey readers out there?), but it's hard. However, I know it will be worth it in a year or two when I have almost no debt!!

I know that I'm going to have some more pretty fantastic things to look forward to in 2011. I can't wait to see what God's got in store for me!


8 comments:
I actually love Britney too. And I want to pay off some debt and run at least one 5K in 2011 also!
I love Dave Ramsey! We have that book and are "snowballing" right now to pay off my student loans.
Congrats on graduating from grad school this summer! I have taken a few grad level classes, but haven't officially enrolled in grad school. One of these days. :)
Gotta love Dave Ramsey! :) An early congrats on earning your Masters!
Gosh, you do have a fantastic year to look forward to, and you are right--there are going to be blessings God has in store for you that you don't even know about yet!
Great goals for 2011! I'm jealous you'll be credit card debt free....
Thanks for participating in the 11 in 2011 link up! :)
Congratulations on graduating! And, good luck being debt free!
You have some great things to look forward to this year!
Thanks for linking up!
I LOOOOOVE dave ramsey. what a great list of goals!
Post a Comment