Before I jump in to today's challenge, I want to say I am so pumped we got several inches of snow last night! If I was ten, I'd be in some boots and geared up and would already be playing in the snow. But I'm 25, and having a hard time being up before eight when I don't have to. Either way, I am thankful for another day off, even if we have to make it up soon.
I'll be back later with some pictures of the snow and my babies (aka my dogs) in the snow. Marley hates the cold and hates the snow, but Ace loves it and goes crazy.
So anyway, today's challenge is favorite girls' night out events.
I happen to have some amazing girl friends. The girls that I consider the closest to me are from college. We all met our freshman year when we lived on the same dorm hall. Our girls night out events over the years have run from hanging in the dorm to midnight hiking to the reservoir to go swimming (strictly forbidden on campus) to going out for drinks to dinner and movies to book club nights to pajama parties to scrapbooking to anything really.
Here are my Top 3 Girls Night Out Activities:
1. Girls Night IN- I love getting together with my BFF's, in our pajamas or not, and just chilling at someone's house. There might be some movies involved or just some tv watching, but there is definitely food, drinks, and a LOT of conversation involved.
2. I don't like typical huge clubs that just seem really pretentious and sometimes trashy. However, when I lived in Athens, I loved going downtown and hitting up our favorite bars for our favorite drinks (Buddha Bar's Kill Bill is my favorite!) and then heading somewhere to dance it up.
3. Dinner- Food is my life, and I love to eat out. I'm trying to cut that out over the next few months, but still. I love grabbing dinner at one of my favorite restaurants with my favorite ladies and then maybe catching a movie afterwards or going shopping or just going home.
I guess I'm not really super exciting. Or else as I get older, my focus is more on spending time with my friends rather than finding lots of crazy stuff to do. I still love checking out new things and trying out new places, but I love just hanging with my BFF's even more.
What kind of fun things do y'all do on a girls' night out?


6 comments:
Sounds like you have some fun girls nights out!
YAY for girl nights!!! You forgot to mention band practice! =) haha
I love girls nights in or lounging out trying a new bar...so fun!
Make some time to have fun in that snow!!! So jealous!
Oh my gosh. When I was home for Christmas it totally snowed and I totally played in it. I think it's okay even when you're 25! Thanks for stopping by my blog!!
Sounds like a lot of fun!
You'll have to tell me how Canvas and Cocktails is!
Cute post!
And play in the snow regardless of how old you are! It snowed here Christmas Eve and once we got home after midnight, we bundled up and played.
I'm a new follower of your blog :)
Post a Comment