Monday, January 31, 2011

Rainy Random Miscellany Monday

I'm linking up with Carissa at lowercase letters today...
Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters

1. I don't know what the weather is like where y'all are, but it's been rainy and cold all day.  Makes me wanna have a grilled cheese sandwich and curl up in bed to read.

2. I actually am in my bed, reading, but it's super boring stuff for a midterm I'm taking tomorrow.  Seriously, I'm reading about how to write a lesson plan.  Um, thanks, but I kinda learned about that FIVE years ago in undergrad.  Oh, and not to mention the four years I've been teaching and writing lesson plans.

3. I had to take a break.  I wouldn't even read the chapters because during our weekly classwork we don't even reference the book (why even assign the reading?!), but our midterm apparently has questions about the reading.

4. Tomorrow starts my No Eating Out/No Alcohol for a month.  Wish me luck!!  This is WHY I'm doing it.

5.  For my "last supper", I ate at the Blind Pig Tavern in Athens on Saturday night.  I had fried pickles, wings, and peanut butter pie.  I will say, I've had better versions of all of those elsewhere (fried pickles = The Vortex in ATL, wings = Buffalo's and Stone Creek Tavern and Joe's on Juniper, peanut butter pie = 2 Dog Restaurant), but it was still so so so good.  I ate so much I couldn't eat all of the fried pickles.  Plus, they give you a LOT.

6. I got paid today and I love paydays.  Obviously, for the money, but I also love turning around and paying bills and getting stuff accomplished.  I'm finally getting my dog pet insurance.  Wish he would have had it last year when he cost me $$$ cause he's WILD.

7. Someone buy me a plane ticket to here:

White-washed houses and blue domes on cliff top.
Yes, that's Greece.  A one way ticket will be just fine.  (Source)


And that's all, folks.  Gotta get back to my reading.  Jealous?  Anyone?  No?  Eh, too bad.  You're missing out.

How was your Monday?

1 comment:

Paula said...

OOOOH Greece sounds nice!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS