Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Meet The Teacher

I've seen a few other bloggers that I follow who just happen to be teachers joining up with Cara at The First Grade Parade for Meet the Teacher, so I decided to join the fun!

First, here's a brief biography...

My name is Elise and I'm 25 years old.  I love cheese in almost every shape and form.  My favorite color is the green color of bermuda grass in the spring.

Love it.  Source.


I cry when bugs touch me.  I cry when I laugh too hard.  I cry when I see a sad commercial or a commercial for Publix (see below).  I cry at NCIS.  I cry when I hurt for my friends.  I cry when I watch Titanic. Okay, I cry a lot.


I'm not married and don't have kids.  And, um, I kind of just moved back home with the 'rents after being off on my own for the last several years.  Saving money, right?

I graduated from Berry College in 2007 with a degree in early childhood ed.  I'll graduate this summer with a master's in the same thing from Brenau University.  I LOVED my college years.  Loved them and everyone involved.

After I graduated I got a job teaching fourth grade and I've been teaching it ever since (this is my fourth year).  I love fourth grade- love the content, love the age, love my team.  I teach all subjects, but I think math and science are my favorite.  Which is really ironic, because those were my two worst subjects in high school.

And now for the questions...


Q: What would you be doing if you weren’t a teacher?                                             

A:  Hmm, right now- not thinking about the amount of grading and planning I still have to do tonight before I go to bed.  In general, I'd probably be working in advertising.  'Twas my plan before I got sidetracked by teaching.

Q: What are your hobbies?                                                                                    
A:  I hate answering this question because I always feel like I have no hobbies.  But I guess they are scrapbooking, reading, planning (I know it's my job too, but sometimes I just get so excited over my plans), eating, and blogging!                                                                

Q: When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up?                     
A:  Not a teacher.  Seriously, though, I didn't make the decision to be a teacher until senior year of high school.  I wanted to be anything from a back doctor (not a chiropractor, though, like a surgeon) to a marine biologist to a writer to working in advertising.
   
Q: What are your guilty pleasures?                                                                  
 A: Reading blogs, flavored tootsie rolls (the blue ones are my favorite!), Dr. Pepper, NCIS episodes, the Titanic soundtrack, and the occasional Kill Bill drink from Buddha Bar in Athens.

Q: What is your biggest fear?!                                                                       
 A: When I was younger, I was terrified that I would die before my family because I didn't want them to have to deal with the pain of losing me.  Now, it's touching roaches and spiders and bats flying in the air.  You would think it would be the other way around. 

Q: When you’re on vacation, where do you like to go?                                   
 A: The beach or somewhere new. 
                                                          
Q: What’s the best advice you’ve ever received?                                                  
A:  Don't take any wooden nickels- courtesy of my dad.  Haha, no I don't really know.  Be yourself, stand up for what you believe in, take responsibility for yourself, all that good stuff you hear at graduation speeches.

Q: What do you value most in others?                                                                   
A:  Honesty (don't we all say that though...), a go with the flow attitude, and no drama!

Q: If you could choose one of your personality traits to pass down to your kids, what would it be?                                                                                                        
A: Organization and to not take themselves so seriously.       

Q: If you could have lunch with anyone in the world….living or dead…who would it be?        

A: Britney Spears and Dolly Parton.  Together.  I would die.  Yes, I could have said Jesus or the president or someone like that.  But could you just imagine how amazing a lunch would be with Britney and Dolly???

Now tell us one random thing about yourself:
My brother knocked out my two front teeth when I was little.  He was playing with a wooden horse (like the kind made from a broomstick) and threw it down.  It hit my mouth and knocked those suckers out.  They were literally hanging by a thread.  Oh, and I'm incredibly good at spelling.  You will want me on your team when playing Cranium, just for the Spellbound and gnillepS cards.

All done!

2 comments:

Kristen said...

It's nice to see another 4th grade teacher on here! Great post!

Kristen
missradka.blogspot.com

School Day Love said...

Yay! Another fourth grade teacher!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS