I'm just going to go ahead and apologize for the randomness of today and for the fact that this may not make a lot of sense.
1. It's Wednesday. I'm thankful. I'm working such long hours these days at work, and then still having to come home to do grad school work. I don't mean to complain, but I need a break. I'm grateful for the next week or so without class, but I would really love just a break from everything- mentally, emotionally, and physically.
2. I don't crave eating out anymore. I love how much money I've saved by not eating out. It's sickening.
3. I cannot wait to see some friends this weekend.
4. I told myself I'd walk my dogs tonight. I didn't. Papers to grade + sweatpants + tired + blogging = LAZY Elise.
5. I love this series we're studying at church and in my small group. It's over the Bible and trying to make sense of it. I thought I wouldn't like it, but ohmyword, the Lord's speaking to me. This past week we discussed having a two marshmallow kind of faith. As in, we can go ahead and eat that "marshmallow" now and get instant gratification, while not necessarily following God. Or, we can wait on God's timing and His delivery and wait for those two marshmallows that are better than we can ever imagine. How I needed a reminder of that this week. I'm trying my best to follow God, even when I don't know where He's leading me, and trying to hold out for that second marshmallow.
6. My small group is considered a "transitional" group at my church. We're not married, but not in college, either. So technically single. I hated the name at first. To me, it seemed like all of us "transitionals" didn't have our life together and being in transition was a bad thing. Not anymore. I am so in a transition and I embrace it now. God's using this time to draw me closer to Him so I can better understand what He wants out of me and what He wants with my life. I'm also in transition with my desires, my focuses in life, my wants, my likes, even music taste and the books I read. The closer I get to God, the less I care about the other things that used to consume my life and didn't honor God. My friendships are even changing. The type of people I hang out with are changing. That's not to say I'm losing friends- that's not the case at all. I'm just surrounding myself with people who challenge me and support me and lift me up. Some of them are the same people I've been friends with for years (my BFF's), but there are new friends in there as well.
I'm totally okay with being in transition. I think this type of transition is a good one. I can't wait to see how else God will be changing my life.
7. On a COMPLETELY different note, I'm going to the dentist tomorrow. I'm one of those weirdos who love love love love love the dentist. I can't wait. I wish I was still 12 and could get the fluoride treatments (strawberry was my favorite flavor).
8. I have book club this Friday night and I haven't started the book. Oops. It'll get done, I can promise that. Just not this second.
If you've stuck around for this randomness, thanks! And here's a treat:

1 comment:
i love love love the dentist!! and.. amazingly.. i wish i could give up the eating out. i love dining out.. it makes me closer to people. maybe i should start having dinner parties??
Post a Comment