Tuesday, March 1, 2011

March Madness

No, not like basketball.  But if the rest of March is going to be like today and yesterday, I need to start resting up NOW.

I apologize for my lack of blogging lately.  I've been busy.  And I honestly haven't wanted to blog.

I have some pretty exciting stuff coming up in my life.   I think I've said before a friend and I were going to Chicago to see BSB and NKOTB.  Well, we no longer are going to Chicago...because we're going to Vegas over July 4th weekend!


I'm so pumped.  I went to Vegas when I was 14 with my family and it was super fun, but I was, well, 14.  It'll be nice to experience the city as an adult.  I am not a gambler, but I at least want to try out the slot machines.

Any other suggestions for Vegas?  Shows to see?  I'd love to see Celine (isn't she back on a three year contract?), but her tickets are ridiculous.

We're not going to Chicago because I was presented an opportunity to go to Ecuador the same weekend and the following week.

God's been placing overseas missions on my heart over the past few months.  I've been on a few overseas mission trips and they have been life changing experiences.  My heart is in Uganda.  I went there almost six years ago and fell in love with the people, the land, and the country.  

I jumped at the chance last year to go back to Africa, to Kenya actually, but it didn't work out.  I'm glad because I don't think I was prepared.  I don't think my heart was as open as it is now and God wasn't working in my life then like He is now.  That sounds bad, but it's the truth.  I was going to church and involved in a small group, but there's a major difference in my life between now and a year ago.  I still wanted to control my own life and I wanted to satisfy myself instead of following God and his will for my life.  

Make sense?  Well, it does to me.  

Anyway, I had heard about and looked into several opportunities to go on overseas mission trips over the past few months- teaching with the Invisible Children project (in Uganda), the World Race (for 11 months), and a few trips my church was offering.  Then, within twelve hours I was presented with opportunities for trips to both Guatemala and Ecuador.  Clearly, God was telling me something.  

I chose to go on the trip to Ecuador because it just felt right.  Plus, it's with my aunt and her church and I've been on trips with her before.  

We will be leaving June 18th and returning on the 25th.  I'm excited and praying God can use me to minister to the people of the village we will be working in and I'm praying God is opening the hearts of the people who are there now.

I've mentioned Vegas, God, and mission trips all in one post.  They don't seem to go together, but they will this summer!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS