Monday, March 21, 2011

Catch Up....Again

Okay, okay.  I feel like every time I get two steps ahead, I go eighteen back.  

I can't catch a break.  Sorry for complaining, but you know what?  Sometimes I LOVE to complain.  I know I shouldn't and I know I should look for the positive in life, but I just can't sometimes.

I was sick last week with strep throat (which, BTW, sucks) and then I got better just in time to go hang with some of my BFF's in Atlanta.  We went to this super fun place, but I started feeling not so hot for awhile.  I felt kinda rude cause I just went and sat off by myself.  But I got hot and tired.  

And yes, I will post pictures of that soon, but my friend Bryan has the pictures on his camera and since he JUST posted pictures from Christmas on Facebook, you might not be seeing those until June.

Yeah, so, Saturday I headed home to grade an endless pile of papers...and started feeling sick again.  

I had to miss another friend's game night.  Which totally sucked, because I love game nights and I love winning.  Long before Charlie Sheen.  But, in the long run, it was better because I crashed early and finally felt 100% by Sunday morning.

But when I went in to work this morning, I had all these meetings I forgot about for practically every day this week and then more grading and more planning and blah blah blah.  

So there.  I complained.  I feel better.

On to the challenge...

challenge button

Day 7: Tell us about your wedding or dream wedding

Okay, so for most of my teenage years I was like Monica from Friends and I had a book about my wedding.  Not completely about my wedding, it also has my favorite house plans and ideas for when I have my own house.  

Is that embarrassing?  Maybe.

Anyway, I recently checked out some of those pictures.  Mainly the ideas for wedding dresses and bridesmaids stuff and decorations.

Wow.  That was some tacky stuff back in the 90's and early 2000's.  So glad I did not get married at 15.  Or 20, for that matter.  

I don't really know exactly what I want for my wedding.  I've learned real quick over the past few years whatever you end up planning out, most likely won't happen.  I do know I want something laid back, very Southern, very coastal.  I've got an idea of where I would like for this type of wedding to take place, but I have no idea if it exists.  So we'll see.  I'll let you know if and when this wedding takes place.

Day 8: The Best Advice You've Ever Received

Hmmm, this one is hard.  My dad always said "Don't take any wooden nickels," which I never understood.

And then I probably should listen to this more often- Mind your own business.  I certainly don't need to worry about other people's problems.

But here is some advice I will give everyone else- Check your clothing more than once.  As in, make sure it's on right!

Y'all, the first day of school one year I wore this cute black dress with a jean jacket over it.  Super cute, if I do say so myself.  I went the ENTIRE day with it on inside out.  How I never realized that I don't know.

Unfortunately, this has happened more than once (not with the dress, thank goodness).  But with shirts, underwear, and even a pair of sweats- although I figured that one out real quick!

So there you go!  And I totally had a goal of getting to bed early tonight.  I can sleep when I'm dead, though, right??

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS