Thursday, March 17, 2011

Spring Forward Challenge Day 4

Today's topic is...

Day 4 – Something or someone you can't live without, because you’ve tried.

Well, obviously it would be the Lord.  When I look back on the times when I've tried to live my life without making the Lord a priority, well, it's not pretty.  Sure, I had fun and enjoyed my life.  But my actions, words, and choices were not honoring God at all.  

I think a few months ago, I would've said Chick-fil-a or eating out.  I hate cooking, and I'm not very good at it.  But it's been nearly seven weeks since I've had Chick-fil-a (perhaps longer, actually) or really any restaurant food.  

I'm also going to say music.  It drives me crazy to not have music on.  Even when I'm riding in the car with people and we're talking, I have to have it going quietly in the background.

Sorry this post is kinda short.  I'm at home today and still not feeling well.  Strep throat sucks.  My neck is still swollen, along with my throat.  

But maybe because it's my job, maybe it's because there's always something else to do, maybe it's just my personality- I feel like I should be working.  When I left work early yesterday, I pretty much knew I wasn't coming in today.  I brought work home to do, so I feel like I should be working on stuff instead of RESTING and getting better.

I'm going to most likely crash and take a nap right now.

Happy St. Patrick's Day!! 

1 comment:

Paula said...

I hope you actually did rest today and are feeling better!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS