Sunday, March 27, 2011

BANANAS

Just a warning, there might be THREE posts from me today.  Mainly because I have a powerpoint project I have to work on and I don't want to work on it.  So I figure I'll blog instead.

I was driving back from Savannah today and I kept thinking of things that drive me crazy, or, as I said one day, things that drive me bananas.  I thought I'd make a list and see if anyone else feels the same way.  And if you don't, well too bad.  And if you think I should think more positively, just keep reading, I've got some positive stuff at the end.

1. People who drive in the fast lane and think they are going fast, but really they're just barely hitting the speed limit.  Get out of my way, thanks.  

2. People who don't RSVP.  I will admit, I've been guilty of this a few times.  But I can't stand it when people don't RSVP and I don't care if it's on Facebook, a dinner party, or a formal wedding.  It takes two seconds to RSVP, especially if it's on Facebook or evite.  And if you are trying to see if your calendar is "clear" or see what your other plans are- you're just being RUDE.  Someone invited you to something because they wanted YOU there, so have some decency and reply.  Don't act like you're too busy to respond- because, hey, we're all busy and most of us can take the time to RSVP.

3.  This leads me to another irritation.  We are adults.  Most of have jobs, or have had jobs.  Each job has its own stresses, pros, and cons.  I will not sit here and say that I know exactly what a Marine's job is like or that I know how hard an accountant must have to work or that I know how busy it is to be a waiter, because I've NEVER done anyone those.  So don't tell me how you're so much busier than I am or how much harder your job is than mine unless you have physically done my job (a teacher, btw) before.  And it doesn't matter if I was a teacher, a doctor, or a custodian.  If you haven't done someone else's job, shut your mouth before you make yourself look like an idiot.  Cause you will end up looking like one, I can promise you that.

4. I also cannot believe in this day and age there are still towns that don't offer recycling.  It irritates me so much to see all that paper, cardboard, plastic, and glass just thrown away when a simple recycling bin could help the situation out (and a center, yes I realize that).

5. When there is NOTHING good on TV and there is nothing good recorded on the DVR.  I guess it would be a great time to read a book or go spend time with family, but sometimes, I just wanna watch TV!!

6.  Bananas.  I hate them.  Period.

Okay, that's enough complaining for now.  Here are some things that make me happy:

1. Thunderstorms.

2. When my dogs and cat sleep with me.

3. NCIS.

4. My church and my small group.

5. My friends.

6. Wireless internet.  I absolutely love being able to sit in my bed and blog or do my work.

7. Fried okra.

8. Cream cheese.

9. The fact that I'll be done with grad school in three months.

10. The fact I only have three more weeks until spring break.

Okay, I feel better now.  Thanks for letting me vent! 

1 comment:

ty said...

On your likes ... 1, 7, and 8 could make a perfect day for me.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS