So if there was an award for worst blogger, I'd probably get it. I'm sorry I've been so MIA. I think I've missed like 4 days of the challenge.
But.
It's been super busy in my world these past few days.
Lots of long meetings at work, lots of grad school assignments, and then I headed to Savannah for the weekend.
I stayed with my brother (who, by the way, is SUCH a twenty-four year old bachelor- he literally had no groceries except rice, beans, old leftovers, and beer- I went shopping for him), hung out with my cousin, did some homework, and went to a meeting for Ecuador. It was a productive weekend, for the most part. I'm still down here, but I'll be leaving shortly.
Anyway, let's play catch up real quick with the Spring Forward Challenge:

Day 11: The greatest vacation or trip you've ever had
This is hard, but here are some:
1. Spring Break 2006- Some friends and I headed to Savannah for St. Patrick's Day. It was a super fun week with the perfect group of people.



2. Maymester to Italy 2006- I spent two and a half weeks in Italy for a Maymester. We visited schools throughout the country and explored Tuscany, the Amalfi Coast, Rome, Florence, Naples, Sicily, and Venice. LOVED every part of Italy and I'd love to go back.
**No pictures for this one because my computer crashed that summer. All the pictures are on a CD somewhere.
3. Mission trip to Uganda in 2005- A piece of my heart is still there. I'm pretty sure I've mentioned how much I love Uganda, but if I haven't- I love every single thing about Uganda and I'd jump at the chance to go again.
**Same deal, no pictures but it was because I had broken my digital camera and took a film camera to Uganda!
Day 12: A photograph of the town you grew up in. What did you love/hate about it?
My hometown is Buford. Home to the Mall of Georgia (largest mall in Southeast), the Buford Dam, part of Lake Lanier, the best elementary school, and two super Wal-Marts. Oh, and of course, me.
My family is not from Buford originally (they're all from Savannah- where most of my extended family lives now), but I am so glad I grew up in Buford. It was a lot smaller when I was little, and it was perfect that way. There were two elementary schools- the city of Buford schools and the county one (I went to the county elementary school). Now there's a few more county ones.
Once the Mall of Georgia was built, Buford exploded. Which I like and appreciate most days. But sometimes it'd be nice to go from one place to another without hitting any traffic.
![]() |
| Main Street- isn't it cute? (Source) |
| Mall of Georgia (Source) |
I love my hometown!!
Day 13: Where are you spiritually, in a valley or on a mountain?
I personally believe you can go from a valley to a mountain in one day or go back and forth. Overall, I'd say I'm on a mountain. The Lord is blessing me lately and I've got an awesome small group and a great church to support me as well.
I have to say, though, looking back on the last three, four, five years of my life, I'd say I was in a valley. I had fun and I had a lot of great times, great friends, and great memories. But spiritually? I was pretty far from God. The last year in Athens, I started to focus on God a little more. I joined a small group and started attending church regularly.
You can do those things, though, and still not be following God like He asks of us. I certainly wasn't for awhile and I was definitely in a valley.
I know that I will go through another valley, and I'm praying I'll stay faithful and focus on God.
I'm almost caught up!! I'll be back later to do today's challenge.


1 comment:
Love the Mall of Ga. We live about an hr away and I go there often!!
Post a Comment