Saturday, January 29, 2011

Lesson Plans and Grad School

For all of you non-teachers, this post might be boring.  But I stayed up late planning out lessons and units for the next two months.  I am super excited about my reading plans.  I've got a Bloom's Ball book report coming up, a Fables and Folktales unit where I'll be focusing on theme, and then a Poetry Unit where I'll focus on figurative language and sensory images. 

Sometimes I wish I taught younger grades because then I could be REALLY cutesy, but I love the older kids and grades.  I'm still making my stuff somewhat cutesy, but I can't do that this weekend.  I'd never get anything done because I would be making cute stuff for HOURS.  

If you teach reading, you've got to check out Beth Newingham's website, if you haven't already.  There are so many things she does with her co-teacher that I want to implement, especially the Poetry Cafe!  I already have the genre posters in my room, but I've got plans to redo my book corner and a bulletin board to reflect genres and themes.  I would love, love, love to have an event like that when we finish our poetry unit.  

I really wish my school was open today because I get more done in my classroom.  Although, even if it was, I still have a stupid grad school midterm to study for.  Oh, and 160 pages to read because I'm a SLACKER.  

My plan today is to watch an NCIS episode, then do a little school work, then NCIS, then work, and so on.  Until I head over to Athens for book club meeting and a movie.  

Hope y'all have a great Saturday!  Anyone else looking forward to Saturdays in the spring when the mornings are a little chilly, but then it warms up to the mid-seventies in the day?  


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS