
Before I get started, you should know I am already keeping up with one of my New Year's Resolution- watching as much NCIS as possible! Yesterday there was a marathon on until two am, but this girl did not stay up til two. I recorded some of them and am watching them now.
Day 2: Favorite Holiday Memory
This one is hard because I've had so many favorite holiday memories, but I'll choose one from this past holiday season. Or maybe a few.
1- Christmas We always have a tradition for Christmas Eve. This year, we went to my parents' church for the Christmas Eve service and then headed home to eat up. My mom puts out a ton of appetizer type food on Christmas Eve and we have an actual meal on Christmas Day. We also open our Christmas Eve presents (always pajamas) and hang around. On Christmas morning, my family all got up, ate breakfast, opened presents, and just chilled all day. There wasn't anything super exciting that happened that day, but it was nice just hanging with my family. We're not all in the same place at the same time for an extended amount of time usually. My brother and sister live in Savannah and my parents go down there often, but not me. Jamie and Chris (sister and brother) come up here often, but usually not together.
So anyway, it was great just having the fam together and hanging out. Oh, and the snow was nice too!
2- New Year's EveI kinda mentioned this yesterday, but I thoroughly enjoyed my New Year's Eve. It was laid back, chill, and fun. I feel like I'm so old now because we hung out in sweatpants and pajamas. Girls' night, you could say.
Each year, it still amazes me how quickly the holiday season goes by! It's already January 2. Sheesh. I'll blink and it'll be May.
4 comments:
I feel like this Christmas/ New Years went by faster than normal.
These are both great memories!
Our families have similar Christmas traditions; great minds think alike!
I loved our New Year's Eve too, aaaand I love the Madonna reference in your title!
Oh, and I know yesterday's post title was from Celine, but I think of the Buble version first!
Great memories...I loved having a low-key New Years Eve this year...
Great traditions! This holiday season really did seem to fly by!
Post a Comment