Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Book Review- The Boy Who Harnessed The Wind

Our pick for this month was another non-fiction account.  It also happened to take place in Africa, like our last non-fiction pick.

Amazon.com

The book had a really good message.  The author grew up in Malawi and went through a famine.  During that time, he built a windmill to provide electricity for his family so they wouldn't starve.  I think it's really awesome how he was so resourceful and so dang intelligent.  There's no way I could have built something like that or even thought of it.  Then again, I've never been in a situation where I would need to build a windmill.  

With that being said, I think we were all kind of disappointed in this book.  It was not the best written book and the author tended to drag on in some areas, but didn't elaborate in others where we actually wanted to know more. 

Have any of you read this book?  Thoughts?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS