Or is this month/year FLYING by?
I cannot believe it's December 10th.
Luckily, I've got a lot of my Christmas shopping done. This usually never happens. I'm usually shopping at the LAST minute.
I have no idea what to get my brother, though. He's usually pretty straightforward with what he wants. Last year, he had just bought a house and wanted stuff for his house. This year, he is no help. He mentioned a gun case awhile back, but it's wayyy outta my budget. Sorry, bro, you've got a teacher for a sister. Anyway, he's recently become a pretty avid hunter and is going on a hunting trip to Arkansas around Christmas. I don't know anything about hunting, so I was trying to rack my brain on what to get him that's hunting related. He might just be getting a gift card or money.
My sister is super easy. She told me straight up she wanted this certain straightener that her hair stylist friend was going to order. He's already ordered it and I didn't have to do anything!
I've been in kind of a bah humbug mood lately. I just haven't been in the Christmas spirit and I don't know why. Shopping certainly doesn't get me in the mood. I hate the crowds and the lines and the stress of getting the perfect present. And not to mention work has been super hectic (but when is it not??).
I'm kind of a perfectionist and that really comes out around the holidays. Tonight, I'm (well me and my bff, but it's at my house) hosting a Christmas party for several of my friends. Most of us went to college together and this is year five of the Christmas party. Well, I want everything to be a certain way, even though I'm living rent free at my PARENTS' house, not mine. I was a total brat to my mom for the past two nights about the house and the Christmas decorations. The whole time I knew it, too. Ughhh. I hate it when I act like that.
Wow, I really didn't mean to ramble and be so negative. I'm hoping tonight will change my attitude towards Christmas. Here's a few pictures from last year's party.
| We'll miss you Bryan!!! |
| Ew. I hate my hair in this picture. |
Mmmkkkk, time to go clean some more (ew), finish a paper (double ew), and make some meatballs (yum!).

No comments:
Post a Comment