Well, Stephen's not a medical doctor, but he does have his Ph.D. Yay!!! He started his Ph.D. program when we lived together in our first year in Athens. To be honest, if you asked me what his dissertation was in and what he did, I couldn't tell you much. I don't understand it. BUT I know he worked super hard over these last few years and deserves that Ph.D!
I didn't get a chance to go to his actual graduation- it coincided with my class' Christmas party.
I did trek on up to Athens the next day for the graduation party at his house.
Let's talk about that. My friends know how to party.
Exhibit A:
When my BFF Jessica and I lived together, we cohosted our birthday parties since they are less than two weeks apart. Well, duh, what else do you do when you turn 24 and you have a summer birthday? Get a slip n' slide!
It was a blast and I ended up with blood, bruises, cuts, and scrapes. WORTH it.
Exhibit B:
My BFF Paula recently hosted a Halloween party. Pinata, costumes, and charades. Done.
Exhibit C:
The epic trip to Panama City Beach from this summer. For Fourth of July/Bryan's birthday.
So of course, when one of us gets their Ph.D., he/she goes all out. And Stephen did.
-A bouncy house obstacle course.

-Ladder ball.
Turns out I'm terrible at ladder ball. Seriously, you don't wanna be on the other side of the game when it's my turn to throw the ball. It's a fairly simple game, for most people, but I had a difficult time keeping the balls within the proximity of 25 feet of the ladder.
-Friends.
The highlight of the party was the AMAZING chicken cheese dip. After Stephen's graduation, of course. But back to this dip. I ate so much of it and all of the other delicious food that I thought I was going to have to force myself to throw up before going to bed.
I didn't get a chance to go to his actual graduation- it coincided with my class' Christmas party.
I did trek on up to Athens the next day for the graduation party at his house.
Let's talk about that. My friends know how to party.
Exhibit A:
When my BFF Jessica and I lived together, we cohosted our birthday parties since they are less than two weeks apart. Well, duh, what else do you do when you turn 24 and you have a summer birthday? Get a slip n' slide!
It was a blast and I ended up with blood, bruises, cuts, and scrapes. WORTH it.
Exhibit B:
My BFF Paula recently hosted a Halloween party. Pinata, costumes, and charades. Done.
Exhibit C:
The epic trip to Panama City Beach from this summer. For Fourth of July/Bryan's birthday.
So of course, when one of us gets their Ph.D., he/she goes all out. And Stephen did.
-A bouncy house obstacle course.
| Stephen and Sherri about to race |
| Sherri dominated that course |
-Ladder ball.
Turns out I'm terrible at ladder ball. Seriously, you don't wanna be on the other side of the game when it's my turn to throw the ball. It's a fairly simple game, for most people, but I had a difficult time keeping the balls within the proximity of 25 feet of the ladder.
-Friends.
| Awkward photo alert |
The highlight of the party was the AMAZING chicken cheese dip. After Stephen's graduation, of course. But back to this dip. I ate so much of it and all of the other delicious food that I thought I was going to have to force myself to throw up before going to bed.
But no worries, I didn't.
I guess I got distracted. The whole point of the party was to celebrate Stephen's graduation. Well, we did and we did it in style.
CONGRATS, STEPHEN!!!
So who's next, friends?
I guess I got distracted. The whole point of the party was to celebrate Stephen's graduation. Well, we did and we did it in style.
CONGRATS, STEPHEN!!!
So who's next, friends?


No comments:
Post a Comment