Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Monday's A Funday

Not.  Wanna hear about my exciting Monday?

I kid you not, my body is slowly turning on me.  I'm about to sound like an 85 year old woman, so just bear with me, k?

24 years old- arthritis.  OSTEO-arthritis.  In my right knee.  Old people arthritis.  Cause I'm clearly old.  And I was told I'll have to get a knee replacement one day.  Eff.

26 years old- bone spur, tendonitis, plantar fasciitis in my right heel.  I can't run.  And will most likely have to have surgery to remove the bone spur.  I have to sleep with a split.  Sooooo sexy.

26 years old- Severe chest pains to the point where I get sent to the ER.

That's right, yours truly made her first appearance at the ER.  That's impressive, right? 

 Sunday night, I started having some chest pains, especially when I would breath in heavily.  I know what you're thinking- just don't breath in heavily.  Well, duh.  So I didn't.  I laid in bed and watched tv.

Except on Monday I woke up and thought I was having a HEART ATTACK.  No joke, I was freaking out on the way to work.  My arm was going numb and it was tingly, my chest/lungs were in major pain.  It felt like someone was stabbing me over and over.  And over and over.

I ended up leaving work because my chest and my arm were really freaking me out.  I went to my doctor, and she took a chest x-ray, took some blood, gave me a steroid shot, and told me I most likely had bronchitis.  I knew that was BS.  But I went home and got in bed.

Let me tell you something else...I have a really high tolerance for pain.  I hardly ever take OTC pain relievers.  I suffer through headaches, I deal with stomach pain, etc.  I rarely take sick days.  I'm not trying to make myself sound like a martyr, but I'm telling you- I deal with pain. 

With that being said, I was in tears three hours later because of my chest pains.  I couldn't lay down or move without my chest feeling like it was being stabbed.  I called my doctor and she said I should go to the ER to get a CT scan for a blood clot in my lung.  Just what I wanted to do on my Monday night.

Well, after four hours, more blood taken, CT scan, exam, and a rash from my IV, turns out I did NOT have a blood clot.  Thank you, Lord.  But there's really no explanation for the chest pain.  Which has not gone away, fyi.  It's gotten a little better, but it's not gone.  

So that brings me to my next thing- I had a lot of my friends praying for me.  I did NOT want to hear positive results of a blood clot.  I have two friends who recently had blood clots- one in her lungs, too- and they're in their 20's.  It's not fun, it's scary, and dangerous.  I'm so thankful I don't have one, but I wish I had a reason for the chest pains.  I almost feel silly that I had to go to the ER and got no results, ya know?

I got sent home with a pain killer and a muscle relaxer.  Two of my least favorite prescriptions.  I'm feeling a little better tonight, but I'm so ready for this pain to be gone and to know what's causing it!!

Also, sorry for this super long post with no pictures, but I figured you didn't want to see my arm with bruises, a rash, or a needle in it. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS