Tuesday, December 27, 2011

That Time I Got My Tenth Ticket

Friends.

I am destined to marry a NASCAR driver.  Specifically?  Dale, Jr.  


Besides the fact that he is just utterly adorable, we both like to drive fast.

Except he gets paid {a lot} to drive fast and I pay for driving fast.

A lot.

I was on my way to meet a friend for lunch.  I was not running late or anything, but I happened to be in a town I never drive through (and a county that I strongly dislike).

Well, I also happened to be speeding right near a cop, who pulled out before I even passed him.  You know that gut feeling when you see a cop pull out and you're like, tag, I'm it?

Oh, you don't know that feeling?

Then take my word for it.  I had that feeling today and BAM, those little blue lights came on just as the cop pulled behind me.

He was a nice enough cop and ended up not giving me an actual speeding ticket.  I thought I was getting off with a warning until he told me it was a "too fast for conditions" ticket.  Which, BY THE WAY, doesn't put any points on my license but IS NOT WORTH IT.  

My ticket is going to cost me $205.  Thankyouverymuch, Mr. Police Officer.  

But at lunch, I listed all the tickets I've received.  The grand total is:

-Six speeding tickets
-One too fast for conditions (aka, speeding)
-One improper left turn
-One no turn on red light
-One following too closely

And let's not even get into the list of things I've run into with my car.  

Ugh, guess I won't be volunteering to drive anyone anytime soon.  

Unless, of course, you need to beat your friends on a road trip.  Then I'm totally your girl.

Any other speeders out there?  What's the worst ticket you've gotten?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS