Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Weekend Update.

My weekend technically just ended.  It was one of those superlong, never ending (but in a good way) weekends.  

A rundown:

Friday- I came home and crashed after our Christmas party at school.

Saturday- I headed up to Athens for the day/night for my friend Stephen's graduation party.  He graduated on Friday from UGA with his Ph.D. and we celebrated with him on Saturday...with a bouncy obstacle course and ladder ball.  Standard.

More on this party later
Sunday- I left from Athens and headed to Savannah, where I met up with my cousin.  I went to late church with her and then to a local Mexican place afterwards.  

Monday- This was my fun day.  AK and I ran errands, baked eighty bazillion cookies, and helped my aunt get things ready.  Monday night, several of the girls I went to Ecuador with came over, along with a few of my aunt's coworkers (I actually went on my first international mission trip to Belize with one of her coworkers way back in 2003, so it was good to see her again!).  We put together 45 cookie tins for the Sunshine Girls in Savannah.  It's a strip club outreach ministry that basically loves on the women who work in the adult entertainment industry.

It was chaos at first.

Putting the tins together

All of the filled, wrapped tins with a handwritten Christmas card!

I had so much fun putting together the cookie tins and the cards.  And the food wasn't too bad, either.  ;) And by that, I mean I ate way too much.  Story of my life.  

Tuesday- I returned home.  I got stuck in traffic.  It rained.  I drove through so many construction zones. I listened to Mumford and Sons on repeat.  I saw someone's car getting searched, which is always highly entertaining to me.  I don't know why.

And now, I'm watching Love Actually in my bed with one dog curled up at my feet, another on the floor, and my cat on the pillow next to me.  

Life is glorious.

How was your weekend?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS