My sister is a really, really good baker and cook. She makes things that taste absolutely wonderful and I wouldn't even know where to begin to start. When she found out I was hosting a summer cookout this past weekend, she offered to make these:
These are hamburger cupcakes! They are super cute and I immediately told her to go for it.
This one's a little messy, but you can see the "ketchup" and the "lettuce" a little better.
The final product!
You can find the recipe all over the internet. Here's one link, but I've listed below what my sister did.
Ingredients:
1 box of devil's food cake mix (plus the ingredients on the box)
1 box of yellow cake mix (plus the ingredients on the box)
2 cans of white frosting (I used vanilla)
1 bag of shredded coconut
red food coloring
yellow food coloring
green food coloring
sesame seeds or white sprinkles
cocktail toothpicks
Directions:
1. Make the two separate batches of cupcakes (yellow and devil's food cake), following the directions on the box. Do not use the little cupcake holders, but make sure the cupcake pan is well greased.
2. Allow them to cool. Once the are cool, cut the yellow cupcakes in half horizontally. Cut the top third off of the devil's food cake. Now, you can find this recipe on the internet. Some websites actually suggested throwing away the bottom 2/3 of the devil's food cupcakes. Can you imagine?? There's no way I'd waste that chocolate. My sister used the left over icing and iced those cupcakes.
3. Put icing in two separate bowls. How much you put in just depends on how much "ketchup" and "mustard" you want on your hamburgers. Add red food coloring to one bowl and yellow to another and mix until they resemble ketchup and mustard. You will need a LOT of red food coloring for the ketchup.
4. Put shredded coconut in a separate bowl and add green food coloring, mixing it well.
5. To put the hamburgers together, you simply put them together like you would a real hamburger! Add your lettuce, ketchup, and mustard with your meat! My sister put the mustard below the "meat" and the ketchup and lettuce on top, like this.
6. Some recipes call for sesame seeds to be put on top, but you could also use white sprinkles. However, I couldn't find any at Kroger. So I got those little candy pearls, but they didn't look right. You can see that we just left our burgers without the sesame seeds.
7. The last thing to do is stick a cocktail toothpick in the middle to keep it all together and then they're ready to eat!!
Also, I don't really like coconut, so she made half without coconut and half with the coconut.
I hope you enjoy these! They're really easy, it's just a lot of steps!

1 comment:
Wow! mouthwatering, delicious dish. I love it very much. i can have it in breakfast, lunch and in dinner.My mum used to prepare it for me. But alas! now i am away from her.But your easy steps of hamburger to prepare it will help me to make it.
Post a Comment