Okay first off, I wanna say this: The class I am taking now was one of the worst decisions ever. I had the option of three different reading courses and I chose this one. Ugh, dumb decision. I've got a huge paper I'm avoiding writing. I'm going to Savannah this weekend and then leaving for Chicago next week, so I have no choice but to get it done. Crap.
Anyway, I wanted to talk about one of my absolute favorite things to eat: Pickles!
I looooooove pickles so much. Bread and butter pickles are my favorite, the ones that are cut into little chips. I can eat a whole jar of those, easy.
For whatever reason, the pickles that Chick-fil-A puts on their chicken sandwiches are just amazing as well.
I also really love these pickles my BFF Paula's mom makes. I have no idea what kind they are, but I just know I love them.
But, because I am a southern girl, or maybe it's just because I know that anything fried is divine, you give me a fried pickle and you've stolen my heart.
I have had fried pickle spears and fried pickle "chips," and I have to say my favorite is the fried dill pickle spears.
They're life changing. And my absolute favorite place to get these fried dill pickle spears is at The Vortex in Atlanta. There's one in Midtown and another in Little 5 Points. My personal fav location is the one in Little 5. And that's where I was Monday night.
My friend Sherri lives in Atlanta for grad school and she left yesterday for Wisconsin for two months for a summer class. Before she left, a few of us girls headed down to have dinner with her.
| The girls after dinner- friends since freshman year of college. I have no idea why my forehead is so greasy, except that it was hot hot hot and we got stuck on the "air-conditioned" patio. |
If you live near Atlanta and have never been to The Vortex and have never gotten their fried pickles, GO RIGHT NOW. Your life will never be the same. It's definitely not a family friendly restaurant- you have to be 18 just to get in. And their front entrance is a giant skull.
| The fried pickles at The Vortex. That sauce? Ohmygoodness, best dipping sauce EVER. |
I tend to get the exact same thing when I go out to eat, but I went a little crazy and got a DIFFERENT kind of burger this time. Ooohhh, I'm really walking on the wild side. The Vortex has awesome burgers, btw. I got their Big Blue Buffalo Burger. Or something like that. Basically, it was a burger with some buffalo sauce and blue cheese dressing on it. It was good, really good. And really hot. But not as good as those pickles.
Moral of the story: I want some fried pickles. Right now.

No comments:
Post a Comment