I am a music fan. Big time. I have to have music playing all the time. Even if I'm riding in the car and talking, I need to have music on in the background. I associate music with moods, hearing a song can take me back to a specific memory, I just love music.
I also have the most random collection of songs and albums. Before I got an iPod, I would make cds and they would be the most random mix ever. You'd hear a Disney song, followed by a hard core rap song, some Britney, and then a little country. I love most everything. I'm also not ashamed to admit my love for Justin Bieber, some Miley Cyrus stuff (although I don't like HER), and the Jonas brothers, just to name a few.
I always make a summer playlist or a beach playlist each year and I thought I'd share some of what is on my playlist now.
Say what you want about Paris Hilton, but this is the PERFECT summer beach song.
This is my absolute, favorite song by O.A.R. They are one of my all time favorite bands ever. My friend Jessica introduced them to me freshman year of college and I have loved them ever since. I can listen to them anytime of the year, but I love love love rolling my windows down, opening the sun roof, and jamming out to this song.
Remember my aforementioned love of Justin Bieber? Well, if you throw Chris Brown into that mix, it can only be classified as amazing. I know this song will be played nonstop this summer.
I couldn't find a real video of this, but this is such a perfect song for summer. Corey Smith is also from Georgia, just outside of Athens, actually.
Let's be honest, any Mumford song would work. This happens to be one of my favorites from them, even though this isn't the exact version I have. Another GREAT band to listen to with the windows down, driving nowhere.
I'm going to stop now. I really could keep adding songs all night, but I won't. I'll post part 2 soon.
What are some of your favorite summer songs?

1 comment:
Ooohhh, Marcus Mumford. Rawr.
Post a Comment