Summer is officially here, y'all.
My sunglasses fog up when I get in my car because it's so hot.
My clothes stick to my body.
It's still 90 degrees at nine pm.
I can't go for a run outside because I'd die from the humidity in two seconds.
So I've decided the best place to be is in my air conditioned bedroom with the fan going.
No, really, I am coming up on the last two weeks of grad school EVER!! And I have a ton to do, so I'm kinda stuck inside. I tried heading to the local library last week, but I forgot that school is out and the library is air conditioned- imagine eight million kids running all over the place. Not the best working environment.
With all that being said, I truly love the summer. I love waking up whenever I want, I love going to the pool, I love wearing dresses and flip-flops, I love going to bed at midnight and not stressing because I have to get up in five hours, I love TV marathons.
I also love making monstrous to do lists knowing full well I won't get half of them done. This year, I'm going to try to be a little more realistic.
And so, my to do list for Summer 2011 is...
1. Go to the beach. Haven't been in a few years. This WILL be accomplished July 4th weekend when I go to Panama City Beach with some friends.
2. Read some of the books I got for my classroom library that I recently got. I purchase new books from Scholastic and the book fairs throughout the year, but I like to read most of them so I can recommend them or just have a good idea of what I have in my classroom library.
| I have tried multiple times to rotate this, but oh well. I might be a little ambitious with this goal. |
3. Run. A lot. I'm signed up for at least one 5K that's going to be here sooner than I think and I'm pretty sure I'm going to run a half marathon in November. It makes me nervous because my time now is really slow, but at least it's not for almost five months.
4. Catch up on my recorded shows. I'm pretty excited about this one. I have this entire season of Deadliest Catch to watch (plus a few After the Catch eps to watch from last season), the last two months of Grey's Anatomy, a few episodes of Ruby, and then of course all the NCIS that I record.
5. Plan out how I'm going to do reading/writing/LA for next year. I'm implementing the Daily 5 and I'm super pumped, but as with any new program, it's a little overwhelming at first.
5. Start paying off my student loans hardcore. I haven't been paying them while I've been in grad school, which has helped me pay off my credit cards. But now that I'm almost done, well, those bills are going to come back. I don't mind, but I'll have to get used to doubling up my payments and adding my new grad school loan in the mix.
6. Accept the fact that I might not be moving out as soon as I thought. There are some awesome deals out there for buying houses and I totally could do it right now. I just would be completely house poor and unable to do ANYTHING. It would help if I had a roommate or paid off some student loans, but I'm just not sure if I want to commit to a mortgage while I still have other stuff to pay off. My dad says go for it, but I don't know...
7. Form a dance crew and start practicing to audition for America's Best Dance Crew. You think it can happen??
8. Finish my master's!! Less than a month!
9. Sleep. A lot. And then some more. Turns out, my body is adjusting to sleeping in a LOT quicker than I thought it would.
10. Scrapbook. A lot. I'm kinda behind, like several months behind. Oh, well, I've got two full months to get it done!!
11. See Britney in concert- July 17th!!!
12. Back my pictures up from my computer onto my external hardrive. Because I'm absolutely terrible with technology and I'm always afraid something bad will happen. Inevitably, it will.
So that's it for now. Hopefully I'll get some of these done!

1 comment:
I am constantly reading kids' books too :) I saw you have Flipped in your stack--READ IT IMMEDIATELY! I love love loved this book!
Post a Comment