Friday, June 10, 2011

Enjoying the RIGHT NOW

I'm posting a lot lately, but it's only because I'm avoiding working on a paper.

I am almost done with grad school.  One more paper, a small project, my comp exam, and then I'm done.  For good.  It's an awesome feeling, except this next week.

I think this entire past year I have lived looking forward to the future.  I keep thinking things will get better or I'll be able to breathe when such and such is over.

Like,

I can't wait until this class is over.

I can't wait until the holidays are over and things calm down.

Next school year will be so much better because I won't be taking classes at the same time.  haha, God sure must've been laughing at that one- cause I just signed up to get my gifted endorsement- another year's worth of classes!

Life will get so much more stress free when spring break is here.

If I can just get through these next two weeks, I'll be okay.

And right now it's if I can get through this paper, if I can get through my crazy traveling schedule for the next two weeks (it's kind of insane, seriously), if I can just get through July 6th (comps!!), then my life will be better.

Actually, it won't, but whatever.  I'm so focused on just making it through these next few weeks that I'm not focused on what's going on right now.

I may be busy as ever for the next two weeks and every hour on the hour is taken up with grad school, but I still have a pretty great life.

I'm going to Savannah this weekend to pack for Ecuador and to have our last meeting before we leave.  I have been so focused on this ridiculous paper that I haven't even had time to think about my experience in Ecuador.  In the grand scheme of things, does this paper matter?  No.  Will I look back when I am fifty and say, dang it, I really should have worked harder on that Reading Correlates paper from grad school?  No.  But will I look back and think about my time in Ecuador?  Yes.  I have no idea what's going to happen down there, but I know those experiences will stay with me forever.  

I've got to do a better job of enjoying the moment.  You know, it WAS one of my new year's resolutions (see HERE).  That, and watch a lot of NCIS.  Trust me, I've definitely accomplished that one.

I am about to have one of the busiest times in my life in these next two weeks.  It's going to be awesome.  I'm going to try my hardest to live in the moment and enjoy the right now.  It probably won't be easy, mainly because I'll be thinking about how busy I'm going to be.  Side note: Do y'all ever do that?  Think about how exhaustingly busy you're going to be soon, but at the moment you're not doing a thing?  And then you get tired just thinking about it?  Ugh, I do all the time.


So anyway, I probably won't be posting much over the next couple of weeks.  But when I get back, you better believe I'll update y'all on my trips.

Until then, I'm going to do my best to enjoy what's going on RIGHT NOW, instead of trying to think about the future.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS