Wednesday, July 6, 2011

You Have Got To Be Kidding Me

So.  I should be taking my final, comprehensive exam right now for my master's degree.  

Clearly I am not.

Why?

Because I got there this morning and my advisor (who was administering the test) was like, you're Early Childhood, right?

Um, yes.  I have just spent the last year slaving away for Early Childhood Education classes.  I teach 4th grade.  Definitely early childhood. 

Then he goes, Well, your test is the Middle Grades test.

Say what??  

We looked at it for a few minutes.  Since the university where I'm getting my degree is so small, a lot of the courses overlap.  I could have answered some of the questions (a total of six essay questions is required for the exam).  My advisor didn't want me to have to answer questions I wasn't prepared for or not be able to answer some at all so he asked if it would be a problem if I came back tomorrow to retake the test while he got things straightened out.

This sort of thing has never happened to me.  I am not that lucky.  A lot of crap happens to me that is embarrassing, unbelievable, or just ridiculous, but lucky things like this?  No way.

I feel like I should be mad, but I'm not.  I only live 20 minutes from campus, so it's not a big deal to go back tomorrow.  I am scared to DEATH of the research question I have to answer and now this gives me even more time to study for it.  It would be nice to go to bed tonight knowing I was DONE with grad school, but I'll feel more prepared tomorrow.  I know it.  

I MIGHT squeeze in one more post today (and I still am planning on writing a post about Chicago and the beach...one of these days) and I've got dinner plans with a friend tonight.  Other than that, this girl is all OVER some quantitative and qualitative research, with some t tests and ANOVA's thrown in every so often.  Jealous?  Yeah, I thought so.

How's your Wednesday going?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS