Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Keep on Dancing Till The World Ends, Britney

Can we get real for just a second?  Like completely honest?

I love Britney Spears.  And I always will.

Ha, you thought I was going to be all serious and stuff right?  Wrong.  But I am serious.  I love Britney and almost all of her songs.

Let's back up for a moment, shall we?  Remember when I said I was a die-hard BSB fan and generally love pop music?

Britney is included in that.

I loved Britney as soon as her first, then-scandalous single came out...Baby, One More Time.  And then her next single, Sometimes.

You know that part where she's walking on the deck with the glass walls?  And she's wearing white shorts and a blue top?  I had an outfit JUST like that in eighth grade that I definitely wore because of this video.

I wasn't a huge NSYNC fan, but I did think JT and Britney were cute together, except on one occasion.

What the eff were they thinking?
And then she kinda went downhill.  I still loved my girl Brit, but she was a mess.  

There aren't many people who were happier than me when she came back and has had hit after hit since then.

So can you believe that up until Sunday night, I had never seen Britney in concert?

None of my friends in high school liked Britney, so I never had anyone to go to concerts with.  Then, in college, none of my friends liked her either.  And then she stopped touring when she was a mess.  When she finally was back with her Circus tour, I couldn't get any of my friends to go with me to that, either.

I'm starting to think I need new friends.

FINALLY, some of my friends came around and decided to go see Brit-Brit.  I'm so glad I went.  Britney killed it.

One of the best albums EVER!!

She was amazing, and she has never looked better!!

Terrible quality.  Britney forgot to overnight my front row tickets.  And security wouldn't let me backstage to chat with her about this.  Lame.  

But let's be real- you don't go to a Britney concert to hear some amazing singing.  You go see Adele for that.  You go to a Britney concert for the show, for the performance, for the theatrics.  And we got it, that's for sure!

She is about to turn Philips Arena into the world's biggest club.

My fav was the very last song, Til The World Ends.  It was like a giant club- everyone was dancing and singing along.  Nicki Minaj also came back out and rapped.  I couldn't understand a word she said because it was so loud, but it sounded good.

The giant angel wings were on a swing that Britney was in.  Except I realize now you can't see her.  Just pretend you can, k?

I was a little disappointed I didn't get to hear Stronger, Crazy, and Sometimes.  Those are three of mah faaaavvvs!

Still, it was a blast to see all her other songs and I had a fantastic time! 

1 comment:

ty said...

This makes me sooooo happy. I love Brit Brit, batshit or not.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS