I've been strangely addicted to the 9/11 documentaries and shows that have been on tv lately. It's hard to believe it's been ten years since the attacks on our country.
I'll never forget where I was when I heard the news. I was sixteen and a junior in high school...I had just walked into my AP Physics class (barf) when this kid came busting in asking if I had heard about the attacks. I said no, and he filled me in about the World Trade Center attacks. That's all he had known at the time. I remember being a little taken aback because he said it so flippantly and almost joked about it. Neither of us knew the extent of the attacks or any more information, but I just knew it had to be serious.
I had to stay after school that day to make a lab that I missed for that physics class with another kid who was crazy smart. Thank the Lord he did the lab with me because I had no idea what was going in physics that year. Anyway, the lab required us to use the hallways and stairwells and we passed by open classrooms. Nearly every teacher had the news on, so we were able to find out more about the attacks. When I drove home from school, I listened to radio in shock that something like this had happened.
It's amazing how quickly our nation bonded together and how strong everyone was. It's also amazing how everyday people stood up and became heroes on September 11th and in the days, weeks, and years following that horrific day.
![]() |
| Source |
I'll never understand how people can have such absolute hatred for someone they've never met, just based on the beliefs they have. I'll never understand how people can think it's okay to take someone else's life without any remorse.
My students were asking me about the attacks on Friday. I didn't share too much, but most of them knew what had happened. My kiddos are nine and ten. Most of them were infants or not even born yet. They have no frame of reference when September 11th is brought up. I just hope and pray that they never have to experience another attack like that in their lifetime.
Today, I want to REMEMBER and THANK everyone who lost their lives on September 11th, and in the months and years following in Afghanistan or Iraq.
You'll never be forgotten.


No comments:
Post a Comment