Thursday, September 29, 2011

Book Review- A Visit From the Goon Squad

Our book club pick for the month of August (yes, I realize it's nearly October) was A Visit From The Goon Squad by Jennifer Egan.

Source
This book was busy, to say the least.  You got viewpoints from so many different characters and from so many different points in time.  It was a little hard to follow at first, but it came together nicely at the end.  

I really liked the theme of time and how much people change over the course of time.  Time is a goon, as one character stated.  I can definitely relate to that, even though I'm only 26.  Or in some cases, how little they change.  I also liked how pretty much everyone was tied to the music industry in one way or another.  

Has anyone read this book?  Thoughts?

I feel like this a terribly uninformative review, but it's totally my fault because it's been a month since I've read the book!  Our next book club meeting is this weekend, so I'll post that soon, too!  It's The Confession by John Grisham- I'm excited!  It's been years since I've read a John Grisham book!

And I just realized I wrote an entire paragraph using exclamation points.  Guess I was really excited.  

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS