Sunday, September 25, 2011

Fall Festivals and Nertz...aka, My Weekend

This weekend has been exactly what I needed.  A lot of sleep, down time, and relaxation.

My big exciting Friday night plans were to get into my sweats and watch tv.  And I did.  I finally watched the season premiere of NCIS.  That is the only show that I watch these days.

I truly don't have time to watch tv anymore, so when I do, it's gotta be something I really love.  And I reeeeaaaaalllly love NCIS.  Plus, I have now seen every episode so when I put on an episode from my dvr, I don't have to really pay attention.

On Saturday, I had to go work at my school's fall festival.  It was a perfect, beautiful day for the fall festival.  Our PTO puts it on each year and they do a great job!  I worked the snow cone machine with some other teachers from our school.

A little side note- remember how delicious snow cones were as a kid?  Well, did you ever even guess as to how much sugar is in one?  We looked at the nutrition facts on the syrup for the snow cones.  Wow.  Diabetics, beware.

I also got all my grading done on Saturday morning, so my Saturday afternoon was free to...go run!  I only went three miles.  I just wasn't feeling it and I'm not sure why.  

Saturday night, I went over to the house of a girl from my small group to have a game night.  We ended up only playing Nertz the entire night.

Not anyone I know, but it gets intense.  And crazy busy.
Y'all ever played Nertz?  I learned it in Ecuador this summer, but I learned it playing partner style.  Not to brag on me and my partner in Ecuador, but we were the Bomb.com.  Really.  It was our name and we were pretty awesome.

So anyway, last night we played it singles style.  I was so overwhelmed at first, but then it turned out I'm even more awesome playing it by myself.  Not to brag or anything.  ;)

Moral of that story?  I. LOVE. NERTZ.  And if I keep playing it, I will need to go on blood pressure medicine.

Right now, I'm still laying in bed (I kinda overslept for church- but the rest was so needed!!) and catching up on some reading for small group and for book club.  

What did y'all do this weekend?  

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS