Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Tuesday Tidbits

I don't have much to share.

Except.

1. 
I went on a run today.  It was a short run, so I really pushed myself.  And let's clarify something.  When I say I pushed myself, keep in mind that I am a slow runner.  So pushing myself may not be what you think.

Still.  I ran two and a half miles.  I walked some in those two and a half miles- a total of 3/4 of a mile.  I like to walk to warm up, run for a mile or so, then walk a little bit more, run, then walk, and so on.  So when I was running, I booked it.  Kinda.  I was running right around a ten minute mile, which I know for some awesome runners out there, that's a walk.  But for me, it was a push.

I wholeheartedly enjoyed the push.  Okay, maybe not wholeheartedly, because there was definitely one point when I was running and I was thinking, this is the worst thing ever.  My lungs are going to explode.

They didn't though and neither did my knees.  I had a really terrible, awful run last week and this one blew that run out of the water!  I know there will always be bad days of running and the really great days.  I just hope I can get more of those really great days.

Currently, I'm icing my knees and my cat is laying on my chest.  She clearly doesn't want me doing anything else except love on her.  Brat.  

2.
That was long.  This is not.

I want to be here right now.



That is the view from my parents' marina in Savannah.  Sorry for the crappy cell phone quality, but I was walking down the dock yesterday morning and it is literally one of my top five spots ever.

3. 
I ate Bagel Bites for dinner.

4. 
I have a pile of laundry waiting to be folded.  Putting laundry away and drying my hair are my absolute least favorite things to do.  And mopping floors.

5.
Here's a joke for you:
How do you wake Lady Gaga up?



You poke her face!

Haha, one of my kids told that to me a couple of weeks ago and sometimes silly jokes like that crack me up.  It totally cracked me up.

Happy Tuesday!

1 comment:

Cara @ EAT. PRAY. RUN. said...

Oh my gracious I love that you're A) from the south
B) love God
C) have been to Uganda!

I'm sooo glad you found my blog - I will definitely be following yours! It's great to be back in the blogging world with such a new perspecitve on life because of my trip! Would love to hear more about yours! xo

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS