Thursday, November 10, 2011

Book Review- Summer Rental

So....let's talk about a book.  I love books and I usually try to force myself to read the entire thing, even if I hate it.  

I don't discriminate with books, either.  I'll read most genres and most authors, even if they're kinda sucky.  

I had heard a lot about this new release from Mary Kay Andrews.  I've read a book or two from her before and liked them, so I decided to check this one out.



Summer Rental by Mary Kay Andrews

SPOILER ALERT:  I am going to talk about the plot.  Don't read ahead if you wanna read this book.

I am so glad I got this book from the library and didn't actually pay for it.  It was an easy, quick read, but it drove me crazy. 

1.  Everyone in this book has a huge secret they're keeping from everyone else.  Really?  I don't buy it.  We may all have secrets but set up like they were in the book?  No way.

2.  Ellis, (main character) what are you thinking moving to a whole new STATE to move in with your new boyfriend that you've known for less than a month?  Really?  And how come your friends aren't raising eighty bazillion questions?  Like, you don't know this guy.  You've barely been on five dates with him.  

3.  The whole "mystery" element was tied up too neatly with a bow at the end of the story.  It was very predictable, like the rest of the book.

4.  Mary Kay Andrews name-dropped Savannah landmarks and places all throughout the book, none of which were that necessary (in my opinion).  

All in all, I wasn't that impressed.  It's a great book if you want a mindless read, but it really kind of frustrated me.  

Y'all ever read this book?  Thoughts?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS