Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Brantley Gilbert In Concert...AKA I've Never Felt So Out Of Place

I don't post a lot of status updates on Facebook.  When I do, it's usually for important things, like the Britney or NKOTBSB concerts.  Or eating lots of burgers in a short amount of time. 

On Friday night, I went to see Brantley Gilbert in concert.  I felt it was very necessary to post this status once I got there:


I would just like to point out that I am not a photographer and I don't know what I am doing when I try to edit things.    So I do not know how a copy of my forehead ended up where my last name should have been.


oh. my. word.  Y'all, I am not kidding when I say that I never saw anything like that before in my life.  Here's a rundown of some of the craziness:

1.
It was held at Wild Bill's.  If you're from the Atlanta area, you probably have heard of this not-so-classy establishment.  Some kid disappeared outside of Wild Bill's a few years ago, presumably murdered.  And I went there willingly.

My friends' feelings on being at Wild Bill's.
2.
Apparently, plaid is all the rage these days- for guys and girls.  Did not know that.

3.
Also, so is wearing SHORT SHORT shorts (that were too tight anyway) with cowboy boots and/or a shirt with your fake boobs BUSTING out.  Ew.

4.
There were two fights right near us.  TWO.  One was a fistfight between some really drunk guys (that my friend Jessica broke up actually) and one was a verbal fight between two not-so-classy ladies that was about to turn physical.

5.
Most people were drinking Bud Light.  I have nothing against alcohol at all and I drank a beer myself at the concert, but you will never catch me drinking a Bud Light.  Gross.

6.
I live in Georgia.  I mean, let's be real.  I love my state and my hometown, but there are some redneck, trashy people who live around these parts.

Jessica's true feelings on all the rednecks we saw.

7.
Brantley Gilbert is from a small town near Athens, GA, so he is of course a Georgia fan.  I am not.  He asked the crowd, "How 'bout them dawgs?" and everyone in the crowd started barking.  I shouted "Go Gators!"  Nobody heard me.



8.
It was still a great concert and he sounded great live.  Here's one of my favorite songs by Brantley Gilbert.



9.
I love my two friends for coming with me to the concert.  One doesn't really like a lot of country at all and neither of them knew many, if any, of his songs.  But they still came and we had a fabulous time!

Thanks ladies for coming with me and the awesome experience of Wild Bill's!  Love y'all!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS