Friday, November 11, 2011

DIY Door Hanger

Yes, a DIY from yours truly.  I have never claimed to be crafty, but then Pinterest came along.

And made me think one day I could get off my butt and do some crafty stuff.  Not likely, but it's nice to dream.

Last weekend, some friends of mine and I had a girls' night.  It consisted of: Mexican food, pizza dip, junk food, sweatpants, and crafting.

We made a super easy craft that I'm going share here.  

A Christmas door hanger!



What You'll Need:
burlap (we used green and got way too much, but a yard should be enough)
paint
staples
plastic grocery bags
ribbon

What You Do:

1. Determine what you want to make and cut out TWO patterns.  I made a 'T' (duh).  

2. Paint your pattern.  I chose to do polka dots, but you could easily paint a design, swirls, a solid color, or paint a message.  The paint only needs to be on one of the patterns.



3. Let it dry.

4. Staple the two sides together, with the paint side on the outside.  Leave an open spot in the staples to stuff your burlap.

5.  Stuff the burlap with the old grocery bags and then staple the final part together.

6.  To hang your burlap, attach ribbon.  You could hot glue it, but I just poked two holes, poked my ribbon through, and tied it to stop it from falling out.  

The final product:


Sorry I don't have pictures of each step.  This is not a crafting blog, so I forget to take helpful pictures. 

Oh, and I know my T is not perfect, but I kinda like it that way.

1 comment:

Paula said...

This is too cute; I want one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS