Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Best Day Ever

MY CAST IS OFF!!!!

Seriously, that has been the best thing ever to happen to me.  My mom and I went to the doctor yesterday and while the nurse was taking the cast off, she commented that I wouldn't stop smiling.  Well, no duh!

Also, here is a little joke the nurse and doctor tried to play...when the nurse came in, she was like, oh you're supposed to get your cast off on the 23rd.  You've got two days.

NOT FUNNY, LADY.  NOT FUNNY.  If you need material for a joke, I've got jokes.

What concert costs 45 cents?

50 cent featuring Nickelback.

Now that's a joke.  {Courtesy of my friend Jessica, who thinks she's a comedian}

Anyway, I've got a walking cast, which is 259824095739 times better than a hard cast.  I can shave my legs, I can semi-stand on both legs, I can sleep comfortably without a cast at all!  I still have the crutches until I get comfortable with the walking cast and until I can put 100% of my weight on my foot.  I also can drive!!  Well, when I get to 100% weight.

Currently, I am soaking my feet because I CAN.  And because my feet look so distorted and dry from having a cast for six weeks, which is why I am not posting a picture of my clean shaven, cast free legs.

In other news, I tried on a pair of pants for the first time in two months.  These particular pants were really loose on me the last time I wore them.  Well, now the stupid pants won't zip.  I have gained weight while being in a cast and it sucks.  So I took my myfitnesspal account seriously and for the first time ever, I am under the daily calorie amount.  Now if only five pounds would magically disappear.

Also, I've got picture day on Friday and I HATE picture day.  HATE it.  I always look super stupid on picture day, especially as a teacher.  I might have to pull out some of my old pictures from school and teaching and scan them in.  They are that awesome.

Well, that about concludes this.  I've got some Mumford to listen to, emails to reply to, and papers to grade.

I'm out.

1 comment:

Erika said...

HAHHAA that joke was awesome. I am so glad you shared. And it totally sucks that your cast has made you gain weight. There should be rules against that. But I'm glad you got it off!! When I had knee surgery in HS, I had to wear a leg brace for a few months afterwards (but I could walk ok in it). Well it happened to be marching band season, so I was out in the sun all the time. Also, the muscles in my leg had atrophied a bit after surgery, so there was basically no difference in width between my thighs and calves. So the long skinny leg + leg brace tan lines = my friends all called me "hotdog leg" for my entire Sr year, since my leg resembled a grilled hotdog. Nice.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS