I seem to have a pattern of doing a really good job of posting in the beginning of the week. And then the middle of the week starts and I don't post a thing.
I just feel like I don't have much to post anymore. I'm not doing much until I get my cast off (in just over a week!!) and there's not much to say. I don't have sponsors or anything to introduce (but who really wants to read about that all the time, anyway?).
I've been watching Deadliest Catch all day and I'm convinced I could be a deckhand for one of those boats. I like to think I'm pretty tough...I mean, I did survive Open House with a cast and crutches. Sweat may have been running down my legs and my back in RIVERS and I may have been in crazy pain for the rest of the day and I may have burst into tears as soon as I got in the car with my mom, but I didn't complain to anyone all day.
In other news, I forgot to mention that I went to see a great, classic movie last weekend. Step Up Revolution. Also known as Step Up 4.
Let me tell you a little secret. I LOVE the Step Up movie franchise. Step Up 2 is the best, no question about that. If you beg to differ and say the original Step Up is better, I will have words with you. I saw Step Up 2 four times in the theaters, which was the most I'd ever seen a movie in the theater, up until Titanic was rereleased last April. Now I've seen both Titanic and Step Up 2 four times in the theater. Don't be jealous of my taste in cinematic greats.
Side note: Shortly after I had seen Step Up 2 all four times, I was at the liquor store with my friend. We were paying for whatever we were getting and I pulled out my wallet to get my ID. Well, it just so happened that all four of my movie ticket stubs came flying out of my wallet and onto the counter. It was quite embarrassing. Kind of like the time I had a Justin Bieber ringtone and it went off at the Mac store when I was buying a new computer. Nothing says YOU DON'T FIT IN like Step Up 2 movie tickets and Justin Bieber.
I would give all the money in my wallet to be able to dance like I was in a Step Up movie, and that is about $1 and some change. And some Ecuadorian coins.
I took a hip hop dance class when I lived in Athens, and as fun as that was, it was crystal clear that the good Lord did not make me to be a dancer.
So back to Step Up 4.
The dancing was out of control. And Moose was adorable, as usual. The acting was subpar, nothing less than expected. The plot line was exactly like Step Up 2, with two tiny surprises.
What was REALLY interesting, though, was the single, mid-fifties man who came to see the movie by himself. At four in the afternoon on a Saturday. I guess that's better than nine pm on Saturday night, but I was very baffled by his actions. My dad is 54 and there is no way ever he'd go see a dance movie, especially on his own. He'd have to be hogtied and drugged to go see a dance movie. I dunno, maybe the dude was a dancer back in his prime. Still, it was quite interesting.
So anyway. Do you have any movies that you love, but are pretty terrible by every one else's standards?
Escape to the Country With Me
6 months ago


No comments:
Post a Comment