Friday, August 3, 2012

Pet Peeves.

We all have them.  Some of them are weird and some are normal.  I have no idea how my mom dealt with me when eating dinner when I was little.  My food had to be served a certain way, I had to have certain cups and silverware, and I wouldn't eat certain foods without ketchup on them.  Gosh I hope whenever I have kids they aren't as weird as I was.

So here are some of mine that I currently have:

1. This is probably my biggest one, and I may offend some people with this.  I can't stand fauxtographers.  You know, people who get a nice camera, usually a DSLR, and suddenly think they are photographers and start a photography company?  Annoys the crap out of me.  I think I'm more sensitive to this because my sister just graduated from SCAD with a photography degree and her and all of her photography classmates could go off on these people.  I know there are some people who have talent and a good eye, but it doesn't make you a professional photographer.  Here's a quote from a website my sister told me about:  "Just because you’re running a legal business doesn’t mean you actually possess photography or retouching skills.  On the flip side, I also know people who have fantastic photography skills but no desire to operate a business."  Agreed.  I also just think these people who get a nice camera and start a "photography" business cheapen the skills and talents of photographers out there who have spent time and money educating themselves to become true photographers.  I'll be honest, if I had a really nice camera I'd be taking tons of pictures and showing them off too.  And I'd want to improve my skills.  But there is no way I'd call myself a professional because I have no education in photography.








2. Okay, this one is weird.  I know it.  It drives me crazy when I am watching tv with other people and they change the volume, but do not change it to an even number or a number ending in 5.  I've always been like this and it's so annoying.  I also hate it when the volume is shown with the tabs and the tabs aren't even.  I've looked all over for a picture of this and I can't find one.  None of the tvs at my house have this type of volume control either.  Does that make sense?


3. People who do not read their emails.  Plain and simple.  Emails contain good information and keep you from having to have meetings or waste time.  And if you read them, you won't have to come ask me a question about something that you could find IN THAT EMAIL.  I also can't stand it when people don't reply to emails when a question is in the email.  I'm asking you a question, people!!  Answer me!  I won't have to go seek you out and waste time for both of us!


4. I will admit- I don't keep up with politics.  I generally don't like engaging in conversation about politics.  And here is why- I can't stand when someone thinks their political beliefs/political party is better than other people's.  We are all different and believe and support many different things.  And that's fine.  But I've found many people who think other are stupid, ignorant, uninformed, whatever just because their political beliefs don't align.  And this goes for both sides!


5.  This one has to do with automated phone answering services.  By themselves, they don't bother me. But it's when they say "please listen carefully as our menu has changed."  Pretty much every single one says that.  How can your menu change that much that often??  And I don't think any of them actually change anyway, they just want you to stay on the line.

6.  Whistling.  I hate it.  It's soooooo annoying.  Whether you're my friend or a stranger or a student, I don't want to hear your whistling.

7. When people don't tell me on a daily basis how awesome and amazing I am.  And how I look just like Heidi Klum.

Okay, the last one might be a joke.  But you can tell me how awesome I am anyway!


So there.  Those are just some of them.  What are some of your biggest pet peeves?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love number 4! I have opinions and beliefs and I share them from time to time, but I never think mine are totally right nd trump everyone else. That is self-righteous and I can't stand self-righteousness!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS