Guys. I was not going to talk about this because I did not want to add fuel to the fire, but my Facebook newsfeed was blowing up with people talking about Chick-fil-A and reading the hateful and rude comments people (on both sides of the issue) have posted in the name of discussion is killing me. I personally did not go to Chick-fil-A today, but it wasn't because I was "boycotting" Chick-fil-A.
A- there ain't no way I'm waiting in ridiculous lines like that unless I'm getting free stacks of g's and chocolate chip cookies, okay?
B- I am not eating out this month, remember?
C- I'm not jumping on that bandwagon. I'm just not. I'm over all of this. But there are three great, well-written posts I think we all should read.
1. Perry Noble's blogpost. It will take you less than five minutes and I think he gets to an important issue, and that is the way we, as Christians, are judging and condemning each other over this matter. And that is not at ALL what Jesus would have done.
2. Jen Hatmaker's posts HERE and HERE. Her first post has a very similar viewpoint to that of Perry Noble's and the second one is a follow up.
I found these posts from other people's Facebook statuses and blogs. They are worth your time.
In other news, I just found out American Olympic medalists get up to $25,000 when they win. Another reason I should have been in the Olympics! And then I found out they have to go pay up to $9,000 in taxes on those winnings. Now that's insane. Way to appreciate our Olympic athletes, America. Let's all try boycotting the IRS and see how that turns out, okay? We can talk about it when we all end up in jail.
Have a great Thursday, pretty people!
Escape to the Country With Me
6 months ago

1 comment:
Those are GREAT articles. Thanks for sharing them!
Post a Comment