Friday, December 28, 2012

Christmas 2012

Well, well, well.  I guess I need to do a Christmas recap.  I love everything about Christmas, except the day after.  It's like I have temporary depression from December 26-December 31.  That time frame sucks.  No build up of Christmas, the Christmas tree just looks crappy and tired, and Christmas music seems out of place.

Then, New Year's Eve comes around and makes life a little bit better, but not much.  Especially not when you think about your New Year's Resolutions from the year before and realize you accomplished none of them.

Anyway, here's a rundown of my Christmas:

1.  My mom pulled some tendons in her foot awhile back, so she was laid up over Christmas.  It was really weird because she's the one who usually has everything together for our family.  So, my parents' house was a little more messy than it usually is, we didn't have our normal gigantic spread of food on Christmas Eve- but we still had some DELICIOUS snacks.  It was still a great Christmas.

2. We introduced my dad to the 21st century.  He's actually pretty technologically savvy for a 55 year old, but I guess not with everything.  He got a new iPad not too long ago and I downloaded some Angry Birds games for him on Christmas Eve.  I kid you not, he played it for hours over the course of Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.

And then my brother and I really blew his mind when we showed him the Netflix app.  Movies and shows you can watch whenever you want?  For free? (well, minus the $8/month my brother pays)  On the iPad?  SAY WHAT????

3. I got the new Naked 2 eyeshadows.  I'm in love already.  Thanks sister.



4.  I also got some hunting clothes.  I can promise you this, ten years ago had you told me I would be hunting and be happy about it?  I'dda called you a liar liar pants on fire.  But it's true.  I'm going turkey hunting with my brother when the season starts (I was supposed to go deer hunting, but that didn't work out).  I'll be sure to let you know how that works out.



5. I watched too many Hallmark Christmas movies.  Y'all.  They are mind-numbingly stupid, but I got sucked in to every single one.

6. I contributed to Christmas food!  This one is pretty exciting.  I made these sausage balls for Christmas morning and chocolate covered Oreos to snack on.  Easy, yes.  But I've never contributed to any holiday meals before (partly because my mom didn't trust me, but whatever), so that was fun.

So there we go.  Christmas highlights of 2012.  Now, just 363 days until Christmas 2013!

1 comment:

@jaclynhurst said...

Cute new blog design! I contributed to the Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve cooking this year too and it made me feel like I was growing up a little!! Haha!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS