My grandmother had Pick's Disease, which is similar to Alzheimer's. She didn't know who I was, or who her own daughters were, for the past several years. She couldn't drive, use the phone, and for the last couple of years, she couldn't walk. Also, part of the Pick's Disease makes you lose your speaking abilities. My grandmother couldn't talk well at all, and when she did, it was nonsense. It's a very sad thing to see someone progress through Pick's disease.
I guess I'm saying all that because it's not a good way to live. I didn't have the best relationship with my grandmother, but I still loved her. Pick's Disease is just terrible and it's never a fun experience when a family member dies.
![]() |
| This is my mom and my grandma, at my mom and dad's wedding way back in 1982. |


1 comment:
I am so sorry to hear about your Grandma. Mine passed away in August and it is tough no matter what. My stepmom's mom also had Pick's disease and passed away years ago, such a sad thing. Hope you are doing ok :)
Post a Comment