![]() |
| Haha, just kidding. But this made me laugh out loud. |
I went back and looked at my "resolutions" for 2012. They're really goals from this post.
Buy a house- check!
Finish my gifted endorsement- check again!
Visit Lynzee and/or Melissa- did not happen. However, I actually had a flight to Minnesota to visit Lynzee, but I had to cancel it because of my surgery.
So, I'm 2 for 3. Not bad.
But let's be real. Typical New Year's Resolutions are a joke. I'd like to meet one person who actually follows through with quitting smoking, losing weight, getting back to the gym, or being nicer for an ENTIRE year. It's certainly not me. Cause I've gained 15 pounds this year and have been to the gym twice in the past seven months.
So that worked out real well.
I've been feeling kind of pessimistic lately these days and that might have influenced my thoughts on resolutions.
I think goals are much more easier to attain. Well, if you aim low. Which is where I plan on aiming. So, we are going to try this monthly goal thing. It may last one month, it may last longer. Who knows?
January goals:
Go to the gym three times. That's three times the whole entire month. Told y'all I was aiming low.
Get a haircut. Or at the very least, make an appointment. My ends look rough. Rough.
Make a decision about painting my living room. I have an idea of what I want, but I'm afraid to commit. TO PAINT. How stupid is that? Oh, and let me clarify, this does NOT mean I have to paint this month. I hate painting.
Replace the light on my headlight. The smaller, yellowish one has been out for, oh I don't know, a year now? I gotta do something about that.
Write and send out support letters for Rwanda. Oh yeah, did I mention I was going to Rwanda this summer? I am so, so, so excited about this. More details to come.
So there we have it. Much more attainable, in my opinion.
I'll let you know how I do at the end of January. If I don't accomplish these goals, well, then, that's just ridiculously sad. And I will be officially the laziest person ever.
As for tonight? My plans are relatively simple. I've got a couple of friends coming over for a low-key, chill New Year's Eve.
Happy New Year!!!



No comments:
Post a Comment