Monday, October 24, 2011

Can My Heel Please Heal?

So...remember how I was training for a half marathon and had to stop because of major heel pain?  See HERE and HERE if you want a refresher.

I went back on Thursday to get my results from my MRI.  Luckily, I do not have a ruptured tendon or a stress fracture.

I do have tendonitis, plantar fasciitis, and a bone spur.  But listen.  The name of the bone spur cracks me up...

Haglund's deformity.

Hahaha, doesn't that just make you think of an old, stooped over, warty old witch instead of a little piece of bone?

It does me.

But as far as running goes, my doctor is sending me to physical therapy for a month to see how that goes.  I'm not worried so much about the plantar fasciitis or the tendonitis, but more so the bone spur.  My doc said it would continue to get worse and limit me in what I can do (as far as running and exercise, not in everyday life).  She also said if I wanted to get back to running soon, I would probably need to have surgery to remove it.  

Now I could start running again and everything be fine with physical therapy and good stretching, but that's no guarantee.

I am picking back up with centergy and spin classes this week.  I NEED to sweat and to exercise.  Is it weird that I kind of crave it, but I really hate to do it when the time comes around?

My first centergy class starts tonight.  Yay!

Any of y'all ever had a bone spur?

1 comment:

Amy @ Juice Boxes + Crayolas said...

I'm sorry to hear that about your foot! I'm glad it's not a stress fracture though--those are the worst. Hopefully PT is successful and you don't need surgery! I'll keep my fingers crossed.

I'm like you--I CRAVE exercise, but when it's time to actually do it, I get lazy lazy lazy. I always love it in the end though!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS