Friday, October 14, 2011

My Best Frannnns

You know how there are some people you meet and you know instantly that they will be in your life for years to come?

And you know how there are some friends you have that you can not see or hang out with for a month or two, but when you get together, it's never awkward or uncomfortable?


That's how it is with my three best friends from college.  We all met freshman year because we lived on the same hall.  Sophomore year I lived with Sherri, but hung out with Paula and Lynzee all the time.  Junior year I lived off campus and everyone else lived on campus.  Junior year was an odd year.  Jessica and I became close to another really good friend that was a year ahead of us (and the three of us were an unstoppable, irresponsible, crazy trio), but we still all hung out regularly.

Junior Year...possibly the summer after.

Yes, that is a miniature cowboy hat on my head.
When our senior year rolled around, it was back to the four of us.  Lynzee had transferred after sophomore year, as well as another friend.  Jessica and I's good friend had graduated.  I lived with Paula off campus and Jessica and Sherri lived together with two other girls in an apartment style dorm.

Sorry Paula, I know your eyes are closed.


College was seriously the best time of my life.

After college, I lived with Jessica for three years in Athens.  Paula moved up to North Carolina for grad school for two years and Sherri joined the Peace Corps and lived in Thailand for just over two years.

The two who left us for Thailand and North Carolina!

Now that we are all back around the Atlanta area, we get together regularly.


When we all got together for Mountain Day this year, it was epic.  I really hate the use of the word "epic," but it was.  And not in any crazy way.  It's just that we acted and behaved exactly like we did in college.  Except we were four years older.


None of us are married, so it really is like we're still in college sometimes.  We all say how when we do finally start getting married and having kids, we will still have to go on vacation together.  With our families and then without!


Best Picture Ever...trust me, there's a story behind this one, too.

I love these girls forever and I hope they know just how much they have blessed my life!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS