My weekends for the past month or two have been go, go, go. I've completely enjoyed them- hanging with friends, going back to my alma mater, football watching, food, friends, service, etc. But, like most of us, I am busy and I just didn't have a lot of me time.
My plan for this weekend, however, was to spend it doing nothing except sleeping, watching tv, and grading papers (which normally would be something I put off but I'm REALLY behind with them). And not make any plans. I tried to make plans to go see a movie, but this movie hasn't opened in Georgia yet. {Machine Gun Preacher- anyone seen it yet?} Clearly, I am meant to spend a weekend resting.
I did go look at some houses and neighborhoods today with a friend, and I have a post about that coming later this week. When I got home, my parents were grilling out and my dad was burning stuff in the backyard.
I ended up hanging out with them, something I totally don't get to do very often. All of us are really busy and it's rare that we're all home, at the same time, with some down time.
I ended up hanging out with my dad on our back porch for awhile, just talking. Earlier today, I also went with him to the bank and to Kroger and it was so much fun. We were in his old truck and it reminded me so much of when I was little and would go places with him.
My mom and I see each other more because she's at home more than him. I can't tell you the last time it was just me and my dad, hanging out and talking. It was good for me, though.
I'm so dang sentimental and such a cry baby and twice I wanted to cry when talking with him because it was just so good to hang with my parents.
Maybe some people would think it was lame that I was at home on a Saturday night, spending time with my parents, but it was one of the best nights I've had in a long time! And yes, this post might be kinda boring to most, but it's something I wanted to remember!

1 comment:
Loved this post. Some of my favorite nights are ones with my family. If that makes me lame, I don't care. :)
Post a Comment