Guess what I did this past weekend??
I drove around looking at houses! It was fun and motivating. I went with my friend Courtney and we didn't go in any houses, but we did drive around some neighborhoods in an area that I'm interested in.
We originally went to look at one specific house that I adored. Well, I got to the neighborhood and didn't adore it anymore. There were like, 20 houses total built and the rest of the neighborhood was empty lots. The pool was disgusting and had 2x4's in it. Plus, it didn't look like any building was going on anytime soon. Not exactly a neighborhood I wanted to move in to.
I did find a different house in a different neighborhood that I really liked and when I looked it up online, I ended up liking it a LOT more.
My plan is to go meet with the bank this week and get pre-approved and then meet with a realtor to look some more. I can't completely rule out everything just because of one house.
I'm excited and a little nervous. It's a BIG financial step- am I ready for this adult world??
In honor of buying houses and with the help of Pinterest, I've pulled together some ideas of what my dream house would look like. Keep in mind, this is in an ideal world.
First, let's start with the outside. I'd love a farmhouse look or a craftsman style or a historic home look.
Then, any southerner has to have an amazing porch.
Some must haves for the inside?
A killer kitchen (where I will NOT be making the meals)
A bathroom I could live in...with a sweet shower
And maybe this view out my back door
![]() |
| Stolen from my sister's facebook |
Is that too much to ask for? I don't think so.











1 comment:
We LOVE our house, but can't resist looking at others. It's always nice to get ideas, right?
And being pre-approved is a great idea! It really lets you know what you can afford and about what your payment would be. We were actually "approved" for about twice as much as we were willing to spend (who wants a $1500/month mortgage) so I really advise doing it that way, so you don't fall in love with one you can't afford.
Good luck! And now is such a great time to buy with the interest rates. I'm tempted to refinance!
Post a Comment